R&D Project Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The R&D Project Manager (PM) in AgroFresh will be
responsible for guiding chemical product development as well as
equipment product offerings through to commercial launch. As the
single point of accountability for the project, the PM is expected
to understand the product development process, manage the project
across all functions to deliver milestones on time and enable
meeting the project's financial targets. Excellent project
management, communication, organization, delegation, and
presentation skills are essential to this role as the PM is
expected to communicate the vision, strategy and supporting data
for all work within the project and effectively communicate
timelines, changes and progress to all levels of the
Working within the Stage Gate process, this role is responsible
for tracking the decision points that enable data driven project
decision-making, such as options to accelerate or to stop
progression, based on the data, and provide scenario planning to
anticipate and plan for different development pathways. In parallel
with these workstreams, the PM will meet regularly with the VP's of
Research & Development and Regulatory and Commercial. Additionally,
the PM may provide updates to the Senior Leadership Team
- Create a project management process across the entire global
R&D portfolio that engages all relevant functions.
- Ensure all functional lines impacting the project are
performing in an efficient and productive manner.
- Recommend change to strategy and resourcing whenever
appropriate with confidence and assertiveness.
- Communicate all facets of the program upwards to R&D and
- Advanced science degree (eg. chemistry, biology,
- Project management experience.
- High level of safety and ethics integrity.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating vision and
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional
- Ability to articulate financial impact and risks at product
- Demonstrate commercial and business acumen.
- Experience in driving change in the organization.
- PhD in science or MS in a science with 5 years experience.
- Experience in agriculture product development processes.
- Certified in project management.
Keywords: AgroFresh, Philadelphia , R&D Project Manager, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!