POSITION TITLE: Dairy Clerk
REPORTS TO: Dairy Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To maintain pricing, stocking, and rotation of merchandise in
the dairy department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in unloading the merchandise.
2) Transport stock for storage to stock areas.
3) Open cartons and price items (if needed) accurately.
4) Keep store shelves fully stocked according to tag
5) Assist in building store displays.
6) Keep perishable merchandise rotated and pull out-of-code
product as needed.
7) Control level of damaged goods.
8) Properly present assigned section prior to leaving at the end
of scheduled work shift.
9) Observe policies and procedures established for each
10) Greet customers who come into the store and be
11) Maintain a neat appearance according to the company's dress
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Maintenance of price and protection program.
2) Housekeeping of sales and back room areas.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise,
maintain proper inventory level and ensure rotation of product.
2) Ability to unload, transport, and place merchandise in
3) Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds at least forty
percent (40%) of the time.
4) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.