Company: Reliance Standard
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for managing the day to day payroll operations of
the Payroll Department. Manages the activities of payroll staff and
tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing
objectives. Builds and maintains relationships with internal and
external auditors, payroll vendors, and state and federal tax
agencies. Establishes strategies for continuous improvement in
payroll operations and has a strong desire to leverage technology
for efficiency and effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages Payroll operations and processes to ensure all payrolls
are processed timely, accurately, and in compliance with
legislative requirements and company policies.
- Sets clear objectives for team members and ensures those
objectives are met by effectively coaching, developing, and
managing team members.
- Provides excellent customer service by educating and providing
assistance to team members and management regarding payroll, taxes,
wage & hour, garnishments, and timekeeping processes in accordance
with procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Responsible for resolving tax challenges, managing multi-state
reports, W-2 Forms, Fringe benefit reporting, reconciling end of
year earning/deductions, filing tax amendments, resolving tax
issues with federal, state, and local agencies and staying abreast
of all payroll tax laws and changes. Liaison with Tax Team on Tax
reporting and filings.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audit process
including but not limited to Worker's Compensation.
- Assists with applicable JSOX processes, including
documentation, testing, and remediation. Reviews all applicable
JSOX process documents to ensure they are current and
- Assists with payroll system implementation activities - in
connection with system updates and/or company structure changes
such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Provides direction to team in working with Workday in
partnership with HRIS Team on maintenance, testing, and
enhancements to Payroll in Workday system.
- Responsible for protecting payroll operations by maintaining
confidentiality of records.
- Manages relationships with applicable third party vendors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 6+ years of payroll processing experience including
- 3+ years of supervisory experience managing a team of payroll
- Experience with Payroll systems, Workday a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to improve processes and procedures and multi-task in a
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state and local payroll
functions and administration, including regulations and their
- Strong PC / systems skills including Excel.
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills and problem solving
- Strong customer service and time management skills.
Ability to Travel: Up to 10%
Reliance Standard Insurance Company is an equal opportunity
employer. Applicants are considered for positions without
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by
applicable federal state or local laws.
Keywords: Reliance Standard, Philadelphia , Manager, Payroll, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!