Manager, Application Management
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for all activities relating to the operation of
centralized data processing equipment and peripheral information
systems equipment. Establishes schedules for the utilization of all
equipment in the computer operations section to obtain maximum
utilization. Assigns personnel to various operations and directs
their activities. Manages team which may include exempt and
non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides
guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and
procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in development
and meeting of, departmental budget.
- Instructs, directs and oversees the work of the operations
staff. Acts as the technical expert for system-related efforts,
i.e. design, deployment and implementation.
- Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative
policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and
- Consults with personnel in other information systems sections
to coordinate activities.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the computer
operations section. Validates and updates OS versions for
consistency across all environments.
- Coordinates the activities of the operations group by
scheduling work assignments.
- Ensures that the equipment is performing efficiently and
effectively. Ensures the system environment is consistent with
- Recruits, builds ,and nurtures High Performance Team.
Coordinates standards and procedures across peer groups to ensure
consistent approach enterprise-wide.
- Coaches and mentors on diversity; works with diverse people and
culture, networks within the organization, networks outside the
organization, works in teams; cooperates and commits.
- Uses information to solve business problems; identifies
opportunities for innovation; recognizes problem areas and
implements solutions. Selects critical information from masses of
data, understands the business uses of technology and the
organization's business model.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Plans, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of
applications management personnel engaged in all phases of system
analysis and application management support.
- Assists user in development and design of future information
system needs and integration of needs into current systems.
- Manage application performance and data protection, ensuring
that the application lifecycle management meets best practices -
across our supported application catalog.
- Manage databases - including administration of clusters and
systems (Microsoft SQL, Oracle RAC).
- Manage application virtualization and integration.
- Reviews all cost/benefit analyses reports including cost
estimates and time frames of alternative design proposals, and
recommends appropriate action to management.
- Provides guidance and consultation on applications and related
services to other departments, which may include reviewing system
documentation, feasibility, design, testing, and
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers
site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Manager, Application Management, Other , Wayne, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!