Senior Project Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Location: Any US Remote Location
The Senior Project Manager fulfills the requirements of managing
clinical trials (typically multi-center, multi-national projects)
to ensure timely delivery of project required objectives and
timelines within the scope of the client agreements for assigned
projects and the project budget. In doing so, the Sr. Project
Manager is responsible for the cross-functional team's compliance
with the project Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good
Clinical Practice (GCP)/International Conference on Harmonization
(ICH) guidelines and other applicable regulations. The Sr. Project
Manager is responsible for the overall execution of the project and
may be principal liaison with the client to ensure effective and
timely communication of project progress, issues and plans for
resolution of those issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Guidelines and Communication:
- Develops clear and measurable project management plan in
conjunction with the Director, Clinical Operations, Project
Management and Sponsor representative(s).
- Global management of clinical projects/programs, including
deliverables from all functional areas and vendors in accordance
with contractual timelines, sponsor specifications, quality and
- Defines timelines, milestones and limitations to project
- Establishes project metrics and project report schedules with
client representatives. Provides at least monthly project
May act as the primary liaison between the project team and the
sponsor/customers and service providers.
- Project Analysis and Management
- Identifies critical project success factors for tracking,
analysis and reporting including probability and impact of
potential project risks.
- Manages adherence to project budget and contracts and assists
in the identification and development of scope change
- Monitors project status, budget expenditures, and identifies
problems and recommends solutions.
- Coordinates assignment of needed resources for project conduct
and completion with functional area leaders; ensures appropriate
staffing to accomplish project goals within budget.
- Develops budget and expense review strategy; creates scope
definition documents and creates proactive cost containment
strategies and communicates with project team; regularly reviews
budget/expenses with project team.
- Identifies out of scope work and initiates the scope change
process with sponsor representatives.
- Ensures the site contract and budget negotiation process is
completed in accordance with project timelines and coast
Responsible for review and approval project grants, expense
reports and financial records (invoicing/units/expenses) in
conjunction with appropriate project team members.
- Accountable for development, oversight and delivery of project
- Determines needed project processes, trains and maintains
project team knowledge/application of project processes.
- Establishes and communicates team performance expectations and
- Manages performance of all service providers, delegating
appropriate and challenging assignments to encourage growth,
development and responsibility.
- Provides performance evaluation input for Clinipace project
team members and service providers.
Participates in development and review of departmental Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, and intradepartmental
procedures and other continuous process improvements programs, as
- Business Development
- Collaborates with Director, Clinical Operations, Project
Management and Directors, Business Development in the
development/presentation of Clinipace capabilities/proposal
- Supports the development of project proposals by participating
as requested. Represents Clinipace Project Management at
professional, marketing and new business meetings.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory
Bachelor's degree preferred; Advanced degree suggested or
equivalent clinical research experience.
3 years of clinical project management experience with at least
2 years of multi-national experience, or appropriate applicable
experience. 7+ years strong clinical research background, including
medical and/or scientific experience is preferred.
- Successful management skills - Mature management skills
demonstrated by calm and thorough review of situations. Proactively
identifies and or addresses problems. Seeks to understand all
contributing factors. Proposes, implements, and evaluates
- Ability to manage projects in culturally diverse settings -
demonstrated knowledge of different cultural sensitivities within
regions and/or countries that could impact the progress of a
clinical trial(s), and an ability to use that knowledge to manage
relationships and to share that knowledge with the larger project
- Demonstrated experience leading and facilitating - Demonstrated
leadership skills; successfully managed large project teams.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - The ability to
adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful
decentralized team management and situational responsive
- Develops new and existing employees (mentoring, listening and
evaluation skills) - Develops and supports others to grow within a
positive learning environment
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research - Understands the drug
development process. Knowledgeable about the critical elements for
success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to
these activities. Ability to review protocols, programs, and assess
the success of a project.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates
strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
establish and maintain positive Sponsor, project team member and
internal Clinipace relationships. Ability to conduct effective
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite and MS
Project or equivalent. Able to generate business correspondence,
create forms and generate reports as required.
Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions -
Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation,
self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client
presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as
The company will not accept unsolicited resumes from third party
Keywords: Clinipace, Philadelphia , Senior Project Manager, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!