Senior Cloud Architect
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryWe are currently searching for a Senior Cloud
Architect to join the Comcast Cloud team. As a Cloud Architect on
the Comcast Cloud team, you will work with engineering teams
throughout Comcast to design and architect secure, cost-effective
and high performing cloud solutions.You will be joining a small and
fast-moving group of talented individuals who partner with teams
across Comcast to innovate and deliver software-defined cloud
infrastructure services and platforms. We are a team that takes
pride in creating a supportive environment, valuing creativity,
trust, respect, communication, and openness, thriving on challenges
and quality results, and trying to have fun and not take ourselves
too seriously along the way.The ideal candidate will have a strong
understanding of large-scale cloud computing solutions with
experience designing cloud architectures and leading deep
architecture discussions with Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will
facilitate in-depth architectural discussions and design exercises
to create world-class cloud solutions. You will work with the best
and brightest minds in Comcast as well as with our public cloud
vendors to bring a cloud native approach to architecting and
deploying Comcast's solutions. You will prototype proposed
solutions and may embed within teams to help them deliver highly
reliable, scalable and secure cloud implementations.Job
- Partner with engineering, architecture and product teams to
craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures
that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption
of cloud services.
- Build platform and application prototypes, publish design
patterns and present at both internal and public conferences.
- Assist with the design and implementation of cloud governance
capabilities to ensure security and compliance across multiple
- Coach, teach and advocate for the adoption of infrastructure
automation and continuous deployment for teams adopting cloud.
- Keep up to date with and evaluate new and emerging cloud
technologies, services, and tools in search of innovative new
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed and
implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs.
Interfaces with the enterprise architecture team and other
functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed
to meet business needs.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable
and delivered on schedule.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development
projects and enhancements.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information
that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and
integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing
- Presents solutions to senior architects.
- Plans and designs new or upgraded systems. Interacts with
departments to implement improvements in process.
- Develops solution architecture (both tactical and strategic) to
fully manage/support enterprise needs, services, systems and
- Mentors team members in relevant technologies and
- Develops, documents and ensures compliance with best practices
including but not limited to the following coding standards, object
oriented designs, platform and framework specific design concerns
and human interface guidelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Requirements
- Strong experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) to architect
and deploy reliable, cost-effective, scalable, and secure cloud
- Track record of architecting solutions that balance business,
financial, and technical goals.
- Experience building cloud cost models and identifying and
implementing cost optimizations.
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and
practical solutions to complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including
visual presentation skills.
- Ability to work affectively across internal and external
- Ability to travel when needed; expected travel is 5-25%.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (Engineering or Computer
- Generally requires 7-10 years of related experience.Nice to
- AWS certifications: AWS Solutions Architect Associate or
Professional or other relevant cloud certifications.
- Understanding of and experience with cloud identity and access
management (IAM) concepts and services.
- Solid understanding of cloud networking concepts and HTTP, TCP,
DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols.
- Working knowledge of key cloud security concepts including
network, identity, compute, visibility and compliance, and the
shared responsibility model.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and cloud
technologies for high-availability, clustering, and load
- Ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using
tools like Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Software development experience and understanding of software
development and life cycle concepts and practices.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker a plus.
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous
delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems a plus.
- Ability and desire to mentor software, infrastructure and
operations engineers is welcomed and encouraged.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: http, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure
architect, maintain, maintenance, principal systems engineer,
server, system architect, system integrator
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Senior Cloud Architect, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!