Eng 3, Engineering Operations
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for participating as an individual
contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues,
providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product
implementation, implementing existing products and services and the
overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering.
Interfaces with vendors, engineering and peer operations
organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company
technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project
teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional
priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial
environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.Job
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate
resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting
direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures,
policies and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into
the operations environment including lifecycle problem management
from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows;
maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and
metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and
required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated
areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates and escalates issues to
appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly
validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or
architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads
efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating
efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data
state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning
different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including
instrumentation, automation, standardization and
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May
direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience5-7
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer,
manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply,
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Eng 3, Engineering Operations, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!