Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for following general instructions and
with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a
difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge
of accounting principles and practices. Provides specialized or
general analysis support in various accounting functions such as
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting,
Property Accounting, General Accounting and the like. Works with
moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.Job DescriptionCore
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends
action to be taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers,
reconciles and analyzes specific cost account ledgers. Assists in
the development and installation of accounting systems, cost
accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Establishes and maintains property accounting records. Reviews
the preparation of various financial statements, records and
reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management
- Calculates payments to regulatory authorities based on a review
of contracts and regulations.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based
on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting
transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to
substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and
- Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and
re-occurring journal entries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience2-5
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Staff Accountant, Other , Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!