Lead Application Architect
Company: Wolters Kluwer
Posted on: May 5, 2021
The Lead Application Architect is a multidisciplinary technical
role that requires a combination of various architectural, design,
engineering and business skills. This person will provide analysis,
engage in problem solving and lead development for our customer
facing applications. The role requires both broad and deep
technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by
mapping common business problems to reusable end-to-end technology
solutions. The position is a hands-on role that works on complex
assignments. To be effective, the Lead Application Architect must
have experience on multiple hardware and software environments and
be comfortable with intricate heterogeneous systems. This position
is responsible for developing, creating, modifying, and integrating
applications, software and services. The Lead Application Architect
will be capable of assessing existing product architecture,
identifying limitations and develop a targeted architecture with
respect to the product roadmap. They will create transition plans
to migrate products and services from legacy frameworks to a
microservice architecture. The Lead Application Architect is also
responsible for the governance and architecture compliance during
the development cycle. When building the new products and services
the Lead Application Architect works with business stakeholders,
product managers, Enterprise Architects and Cloud Architects to
build holistic and forward-thinking solutions. The Lead Application
Architect needs to be an evangelist for the standards, best
practices and mentor development teams on a regular basis. The
Application Architect should be able to proactively identify
potential issues and design solutions. Essential Duties and
- Design and implement highly scalable, fault tolerant and highly
available products and services.
- Architect AWS Cloud Native Solutions.
- Redesign / rearchitect products using modern design
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to
our engineering team.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to
ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Develop proof of concepts and prototypes to analyze potential
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance, and
end-users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Ensure solutions are properly addressing scalability, security,
privacy, high-availability, fault tolerance and maintainability
- Collaborates with Solutions Architects and various Technology
teams to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the
compatibility within the larger organization.
- Assist with detailed implementation planning, project planning
and project coordination in conjunction with the project manager.
Job Qualifications Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a
technically oriented field preferably Computer Science. Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience with focus
on web-based applications.
- Minimum 4 years application architectural design and
- Minimum 4 years experience working with disparate technical
teams in an agile based software development environment - scrum
- Experience designing and supporting Cloud based (AWS)
- Experience maintaining and improving distributed systems. Other
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in analyzing and re-architecting legacy and/or
- Disparate technical experience in various software stacks such
as: o LAMP stack with PHP or Python o Go Lang o RDBS Platforms like
MS SQL Server, MySQL and AWS Aurora
- Professional experience with AWS software services such as EC2,
ALB, RDS, Route53, S3, Lambda with node.js and Kafka.
- Higher Education Market Experience with LTI /LMS Integration
with Canvas, Black Board and Moodle preferred.
- Ability to evaluate and learn new and emerging technologies.
Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containers.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins.
- Professional understanding of UI frameworks such as JQuery,
Angular JS, Bootstrap, ember js.
- Expert understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and SOA
- Experience with data model design with RDBMS & NOSQL databases,
- Experience with configuration automation (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Must possess very strong analytical and problem-solving
- Good interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Experience working with high traffic services/web sites. The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and
responsibilities and requirements.
Keywords: Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia , Lead Application Architect, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!