Sr. Accountant, International Accounting
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryThis role is responsible for supporting the Finance &
Accounting operations, processes, and reporting functions for
Comcast Cable business units with International operations, as well
as Comcast Cable s newly acquired businesses. Assists with the
internal and external audit process as needed. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually
determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues
with less experience.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- International Finance & Accounting Operations, Processes and
- Establish standard operating and reporting procedures for
International operations, inclusive of Intra / Intercompany
invoicing, Transfer pricing, FX Translation, Accounting policies,
and Statutory Reporting procedures. Collaborate with NBCUniversal
and SKY in order to evaluate alignment and compliance of Comcast
Cable s International reporting and statutory filing
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of
monitoring and review processes related to International business
units financial results and balance sheet workpaper reviews. Work
directly with International Finance & Accounting teams on financial
reviews to ensure compliance.
- Support cross-functional collaboration with Cable Controller s
Organization, Cable Finance, Internationally-based Finance &
Accounting teams, and other key stakeholders on the following:
- Status and issues related to financial results, month-end close
processes and IT network / systems / application access and usage.
Support timely escalation, resolution and development of processes
to mitigate issues identified.
- Statutory Reporting and Filing requirements for Comcast Cable
business units with International Operations, including compliance
with reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Compliance of International cash operations with local cash
funding requirements and that payment processes (including Payroll
and Accounts Payable) are systemically supported.
- Intra/Intercompany charges, invoicing and reporting.
- Direct involvement in Cable ERP system integrations for
International business units, and recently acquired domestic
businesses, including assessment of US GAAP vs. IFRS (or other
local GAAP) differences and ERP system localization requirements,
- Support the implementation of monthly management and Statutory
reporting solutions as well as risk-based reviews and assessments
of International locations.
- Identify, implement and maintain processes / process
enhancements for monitoring Statutory Reporting and Filing
requirements for all International locations, including the
financial close processes that support the preparation of the
required filings, primary to statutory ledger reconciliations,
required audits / reviews of Statutory Financial statements, and
related Statutory audit / review findings. Work directly with
International Finance & Accounting teams to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain process documentation for International
processes and procedures.Acquisition Integration & Oversight:
- Support cross-functional collaboration with Cable Controller s
Organization, Cable Finance, and other key stakeholders on status
and progress of Due Diligence, business and employee integration
efforts, in order to ensure appropriate stakeholder engagement and
identification, escalation, and resolution of issues on a timely
- Support post-acquisition purchase accounting and opening
balance sheet / working capital reviews.
- Support cross-functional collaboration with key stakeholders to
identify and resolve post-acquisition integration challenges,
inclusive of IT network / systems / application issues. Identify
and implement process improvements to mitigate future
- Support the creation and implementation of a comprehensive
Cable Acquisition on-boarding process including timely
communication of the on-boarding process. Collaborate with key
stakeholders on acquisition on-boarding feedback, in order to
continuously improve the process.General:
- Provide updates to Supervisor and Director on a routine basis,
including timely escalation of issues / concerns.
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to
support the Accounting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Additional
Requirements:The role requires in-depth experience with:
- International accounting, reporting, and compliance
- Transfer pricing (including Transfer pricing agreements)
- Development and documentation of standard operating procedures,
process documentation and workflows
- Internal Controls identification, evaluation and
- Financial Statement preparation and analysis
- Business acquisition integrationsEmployees at all levels are
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.CertificationsCertified Public Accountant (CPA) - American
Institute of Certified Public Accountants - American Institute of
Certified Public AccountantsEducationBachelor's Degree, Bachelor's
DegreeRelevant Work Experience2-5 YearsBase pay is one part of the
Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize
employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a
Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most
non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast
provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should
connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and
should help you care for those who matter most. That s why we
provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools,
that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality to help
support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big
milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the on our
careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Sr. Accountant, International Accounting, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!