Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for operating, deploying, managing, and
continuously improving Comcast s Voice, Video, Commercial, Data,
Home Security, Systems, and Network services as well as associated
infrastructure in a 7/24 environment. Examples of infrastructure
include, but are not limited to: core routers, switches, optical
transport, applications, servers. Position focuses on maintaining
core network availability, deploying and stabilizing code,
technologies, services, networks, systems, tools and driving
standardization, automation, and service focused instrumentation.
Provides subject matter expertise, resolves complex break/fix
scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; partners with/leads
engineering, vendors, and regions to achieve continuous
improvement. Serves as high-tier operations support for various
field, CARE, vendors, and customer-focused organizations.
Contributes to command and control-related activities focused on
restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and
rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third
parties, and associated agencies, when necessary, to address issues
across the environment. Works with limited supervision and
direction while executing associated functions and
responsibilities. Follows operational practices and independently
determines/develops approaches for non-routine solutions. Receives
general direction in areas of focus. Serves as team lead on
projects.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities:
- Converged multiplatform Network including Juniper and Cisco
Routers, Arista, associated protocols, advanced troubleshooting,
protocols, ISIS, BGP, multi and uni-caste, MPLS, IP management, and
sparing. Cisco , Ciena, Juniper, Arista Layers 1, 2, 3, ENS, and
associated services, Video, CBH, HSD, Voice.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and
interior/exterior routing protocols (e.g. ARP, IP, TCP, ISIS, BGP,
OSPF, SNMP, MPLS, Multicast, IPv6 & DHCP).
- Understanding and ability to use Python and Pearl
- In-depth knowledge of IP implementations, including QoS, Layer
- Performs a variety of complex analytical duties in the
planning, deployment, testing and evaluation of Comcast s network,
products, and services including CRAN, CMTS, and the IP platform,
Voice, Data, Commercial, Systems, and Video platform.
- Works closely with engineering, vendors, and field to identify
and drive improvements across the topology.
- Develops, produces, and reviews of documentation,
instructional, and procedural manuals for other employees to
utilize to resolve problems or make network improvements. Examples
include: complex processes for acceptance of new products (i.e.
cable modems, systems,) testing such as operational readiness,
tools focused on automation (i.e. IP scope tool,) etc.
- Supports all of the Core tools and alarms; analyzes systems
needs and determines prioritization of break/fix scenarios;
implements code changes and suggests improvements.
- Ensures the availability of networking services; studies,
evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network and services to
determine problem areas and/or areas of concern.
- Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages and
impairments. Identifies and implements opportunities for
- Ensures databases, applications, hardware, and other related
resources are properly maintained.
- Provides subject matter expertise on equipment and services to
other operational groups.
- Updates code and software to ensure proper system
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and
coordination during outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems,
focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and
stabilizing products following established change management
- Accountable for configuration management techniques, ensuring
infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant with
- Accountable for understanding and managing services across
complex ecosystems, cutting across multiple technologies,
organizations and solutions.
- Requires detailed understanding of
- Accountable for providing technical assessment of changes
across ecosystems to ensure resolving potential conflicts before
impacting intra-/inter- related vertical systems.
- Develops and reports on metrics on Network availability and
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and breadth across two to three
major ecosystems/technologies requiring technical competency,
advanced training, and outstanding verbal and written communication
- Leverages engineering methodologies is specific areas of
- Provides training and coaching to peers, service desks and more
junior engineering operations staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s)
as necessary. Education Level: Bachelors Degree or EquivalentField
of Study: Engineering, Computer ScienceCertifications: CCNA, CCNP,
JNCIA, JNCIPYears Experience: Generally requires 2-5years related
experienceCompliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free
Workplace.Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualificationsEducationBachelor's
DegreeRelevant Work Experience5-7 YearsBase pay is one part of the
Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize
employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a
Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most
non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast
provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should
connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and
should help you care for those who matter most. That s why we
provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools,
that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality to help
support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big
milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the on our
careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , EngOps Engineer, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!