Bilingual Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Public Health Management Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Our Mission is to be the premier regional provider of
integrated, community-based healthcare
by combining evidence-based clinical practices, outstanding patient
service, innovative care partnerships, and team-driven excellence,
within a healthy fiscal environment. Summary Job Description:
Provide primary care to adults in community-based nurse- managed
health center to diverse and underserved populations under the
supervision of the RN Care Manager. Essential Duties and
- Provide health education, health screenings, immunizations and
other disease prevention programs under the direction of the RN
- Participate in the development and implementation of the
member's plan of care with the care team.
- Administer medication appropriately following the five
- Assist in starting visits for providers as needed
- Collect selected data about the health status of members
- Record care provided within electronic medical record and
complete other assigned reports.
- Work within all state and federal laws and regulations
- Notify immediate supervisors of significant problems concerning
safety, quality of care, or other issues.
- Maintain positive relationships with funding sources and
- Triage patients based on complaints and vital signs
- Obtain member vital signs including blood pressure, weight,
height, pulse and temperature
- Administer injections, immunizations and venipuncture according
to orders in the health record for adults and children
- Collect of lab specimens
- Obtain EKGs as directed by providers
- Report for duty to other sites within the Health Network as
- Exhibit a basic understanding of clerical functions in a
Primary Care setting to support front desk staff as needed
- Schedule specialty and ancillary appointments
- Answer phone calls as needed
- Complete member registration as needed
- Verify insurance coverage for members
- Follow up on reports from specialists with direction from
- Assist providers and clinical staff as needed
- Assist members as needed
- Review member charts and encounter forms for completion
- Ensure that prescription refill and voice mails are retrieved
- Exhibit fluency in medical terminology
- Report incidents as they occur.
- Complete assigned training as required
- Utilizes CPR skills as necessary
- Provide minimal translation services as needed
- Other duties as assigned PHMC Compliance Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to PHMC compliance standards as they
appear in the PHMC Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowers and Conflict of
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and PHMC
regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they
change or are modified.
- Comply with HIPAA and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures
as they apply to the job.
- Comply with Department of Public Health (DPH), The Joint
Commission and other accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Adhere to all PHMC Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge and adherence to Infection Control and Environment of
Care Guidelines and Procedures as described in the annual education
module. Job Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum
education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse staff in an urban setting
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to maintain comprehensive, accurate and timely nursing
- One-year experience preferred in primary care, community health
and/or behavioral health
- Experience with homeless people, and a diverse population
- Demonstrated abilities performing comprehensive nursing
- Pennsylvania LPN License Required Physical Demands:
- Position requires standing 2/3 of the time, walking 2/3 of the
time, requires sitting under 1/3 of the time, use of hands to
finger, handle or feel 2/3 of the time, reach with hands and arms,
under 1/3 of the time, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of
the time, talk or hear over 2/3 of the time. Position requires
lifting up to 10 lbs. up to 1/3 of the time.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and
printers, light traffic). Exposure to blood borne pathogens that
requires use of personal protective equipment.
- Commensurate with education and experience. FLSA
- This position is classified as salaried non-exempt in
accordance to FLSA standards.
Keywords: Public Health Management Corporation, Philadelphia , Bilingual Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!