Biomedical Imaging Specialist III
Company: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- The Imaging Specialist III works with minimal supervision,
serves as a trainer/mentor to Imaging Specialist I and II.
- The Imaging Specialist III is responsible for performing the
repairs, quality control checks and preventive maintenance as
required on an array of imaging equipment, is experienced in the
theory & operation of a variety of imaging modalities such as
X-Ray, R/F, Cath Lab/Angio, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and Nuclear
Medicine with the ability to work independently or within a
team-based environment to provide a timely & effective response to
all requests for service.--
- Recognized as a field modality expert. Highly competent in area
of specialty, spending 70% or time or more in repairing,
inspecting, installing, troubleshooting, and calibrating equipment
in area of specialty. Serves as a front-line responder for
escalated service events.
- Experienced in the use of applicable test equipment such as a
DVM, Oscilloscope, Dosimeter, Signal Generator, Pattern Generator,
High Voltage Analyzer, and Ohmmeter.
- Familiar with equipment codes and standards.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensures all scheduled monthly assignments are 100% completed in
the month they are scheduled.
- The Imaging Specialist III will serve as a technical consultant
to the Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Modalities. They must be
flexible in his/her work schedule, take after hour calls, and
respond as necessary to meet the needs and demands for imaging
modalities throughout the hospital.--
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of clinical equipment including
networked medical systems.
- Repair Diagnostic Imaging equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on Diagnostic Imaging
- Provide technical consultation on Diagnostic Imaging technology
to the Biomedical Engineering and Radiology/Imaging
- Provide cross-training on Diagnostic Imaging technology to
other imaging specialists as requested.
- Maintains timely, accurate, and thorough documentation of all
- The Imaging Specialist III is capable of performing in a lead
capacity, as requested.
Required Education and Experience Required Education: Bachelors
Degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology, Electronic Technology
or similar field of study. Required Experience:--
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as an Imaging Specialist
with expertise in at least three (3) imaging modalities.--
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic Preferred Experience:--
- Expertise in all imaging modalities (X-Ray, R/F, Cath
Lab/Angio, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine) Preferred
Licenses/certificates/registrations: CRES and or CBET
-- Additional Technical Requirements
- Adept at learning on the job as well as teaching and mentoring
others. Considered a technical expert in specialty area and can
mentor other mentors.
- Possesses advanced understanding and skills related to general
electromechanical systems and devices as applied to their
- Exhibits a detailed understanding and can fully communicate the
use of devices supported.
- Can provide advanced support of acuity equipment for direct
- Has in depth understanding of the operations and environment
that they support such as hospital, clinic, etc.
- Has advanced experience in their assigned clinical
- Possesses in depth understanding of common clinical terminology
as well as that of life sciences such as anatomy and
- Can successfully support the solution of organization-level
customer service issues and complaints, especially those issues
that apply to their area of specialty.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide
patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine
unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a
safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members,
visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal,
employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for
positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is
contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use
tobacco products. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected
veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or
Keywords: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Biomedical Imaging Specialist III, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!