Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Job SummaryAs a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, you will join a
dedicated, professional team responsible for network security in
the Comcast network. The Senior Security Engineer position is
responsible for the configuration, deployment and support of
network security and engineering systems including Firewalls, VPN
s, A10/SSLi, F5 SSLO/ASM/APM, Web Content Filtering/Proxy, Routers,
switches and supporting tools for managing secure connectivity.Job
DescriptionResponsibility includes monitoring performance,
operation, enhancement and fault events and performing the
appropriate response to adequately close or escalate the events to
completion. The individual in this role will perform more advanced
security systems configurations, upgrades and troubleshooting, as
well design engineering solutions for security tools (i.e.,
firewalls, routers, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, and
rule automation). During a critical security connectivity event,
this position will be authorized to make customized changes to the
various security tools or system configurations to minimize the
immediate impact to the business.Core Responsibilities
- Perform proactive maintenance, upgrades and enhancements in
accordance with National Change Management procedures.
- Recommend, design, implement and maintain security connectivity
solutions including Checkpoint/Fortinet/F5/NSX/Palo Alto/Firepower
firewalls, Symantec/Zscaler/iBOSS Proxy, F5/A10 SSL decryption
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of network connectivity issues
involving security products, Firewall/ACL rules, complex routing
and NAT rules.
- Develop, execute and document security system fault management
support procedures for assigned systems.
- Perform configuration updates, such as modifying
configurations, signature definitions or implementing new policies
on various network security tools, as directed.
- Define and improve daily operating procedures and
administration for assigned elements.
- Develop and document network security topology diagrams.
- Be able to leverage other network management tools used by the
National Operations Centers or Local Management Centers in the
identification and response to security connectivity incidents and
- Ensure timely proactive identification and reporting of
security gaps and vulnerabilities to the critical business
information, systems and network infrastructure.
- Assist with security compliance audits to verify completeness
of required configurations and verify system hardening.
- Participate in the problem investigation of connectivity issues
and security events related to security devices, identify root
problem cause, and provide recommendations to improve reliability
and availability, or reduce recovery time.
- Weekly on-call shifts, rotating approximately once every 2
months.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: forensic, identity access management, iam, idm, information
assurance, information technology security, malicious, security,
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!