Sr. Platform Engineer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryComcast is looking for a hardworking and top-tier
engineer for results-oriented projects related to Comcast
Cybersecurity workflows and ticketing automation. The tooling and
products we build are consumed by thousands of developers and many
millions of customers daily across the residential and business
telecom space.Principal activities will include domain expertise
for mentoring, as well as development, maintenance, deployment, and
automation of internet-security-focused SaS platforms such as
Cortex SXOAR and ServiceNow. Linux and Windows Servicer experience
and dynamic programming languages (Ruby and/or Python) are crucial.
map/reduce patterns, synchronous and asynchronous calls, and clean
architectures) would greatly help.In addition, the resource must be
capable and comfortable acting as a mentor technical advisor for 3
6 offshore resources. This specialist must have strong leadership
skills and be able to provide technical direction and contribute
constructively to an engineering discourse.When it comes to
security, reflexive utilization of best practices and clearly
defined standards, methods, and procedures is a must.Job
- Partners with Security and Product teams to own the development
of XSOAR workflows.
- Provides Technical Leadership to 3 6-member offshore
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience. However, a
proven record of design, architecture and implementation of
problems start to finish is the real criteria. Expertise in another
SaS platform such as ServiceNow a real plus.
- Leads the completion of projects through instrumentation,
automation, and standardization.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance in a space where decisions affect millions
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures
team delivers software on time, to specification and within
- Ability to act as a technical lead for an off-shore team. May
require working irregular hours.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science
- Expertise in Python and excellent testing, debugging, and
performance analysis skills
- Expertise in SaS development with XSOAR
- Strong knowledge of modern JS and SQL. Knowledge of Splunk a
- Understanding of SSL/TLS and x509 as it pertains to the
internet and system trust
- Experience with Scrum.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: .net, application architect, architect, back end, c, c/c++,
c#, develop, devops, java
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Sr. Platform Engineer, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!