Engineer 5, AWS
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software
and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the
integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all
development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with
tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to
other Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional
priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial
environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.Job
- Should be AWS Certified Professional
- Excellent knowledge about AWS services EKS, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3,
MSK, Cloudwatch, Secrets Manager, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis,
VPC, Route 53, Direct Connect, etc.
- Should have experience architecting complex
architecture/solutions in AWS.
- Should have experience with either Kafka, Prometheus,
VictoriaMetrics, Elasticsearch or all
- Should have experience with docker and Kubernetes
- Should have experience in networking, network-proxies like
nginx, apache, etc.
- Should have experience in automation tools like ansible, chef,
puppet, terraform, cloudformation, etc.
- At least 4 yrs of experience in some development stack like
Java, C++, GoLang, etc.
- At least 2 yrs of experience in developing REST based
microservices, knowledge of web security implementation using
- At least 4 yrs experience in architecting complex software
solutions for running application at scale in the cloud.
- At least 2 yrs of experience of NoSQL databases
- At least 2 yrs of experience in automated testing using Junit,
- At least 2 yrs of experience in using CI/CD tools prefereably
maven, Jenkins, Concourse, docker, git or similar tools
- At least 6 yrs of experience in software development life
- At least 4 yrs of experience in translating
functional/non-fucntional requirements to system requirements
- Good knowledge of design patters like singleton, builder,
decorator, factory and sorting algorithms
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience10 Years
+Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: architecture, backend, back end, devops, expert, lead,
perl, php, senior, software engineer lead
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Engineer 5, AWS, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!