Data & Analytics Engineer
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for transforming large, complex data into
consumable business databases and applications for self-service
analytics and reporting. Create system architecture, design and
specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to
solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals.
Determine and source appropriate data for a given analysis. Work
with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems
they are trying to solve then create or augment data assets to feed
their analysis. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in
own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as
resource for colleagues with less experience.Job DescriptionCore
- Creates technical documentation (internal) using understanding
of internal business areas and processes as well as working
knowledge of database design, data manipulation, ETL,
implementation, information storage & retrieval and data flow &
- Experience with T-SQL and SSIS required
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing
knowledge of policies and processes.
- Optimize data sources and processing rules to ensure
appropriate data quality of all products utilizing
trouble-shooting, design and development skills along with cross
systems technical knowledge.
- Solves critical issues and shares knowledge such as trends,
aggregate, quantity volume regarding specific data sources.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas;
such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation
within big data systems like Hadoop and SQL.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on
cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments, acts
as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Presents to
broader senior leadership team. Understands other business units
and how they affect the team and work.
- Acts as a liaison between business owners and technical
associates to ensure the data collected and processed is both
actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum
storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other
and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational
- Collaborates with technology and platform management partners
to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure
appropriate data quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience5-7
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Data & Analytics Engineer, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!