Sr. EHS Specialist
Company: CSL Behring
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: January 15, 2021
With operations in 35+ nations and - 27,000 employees worldwide,
CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving
therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune
deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are
also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. is a global
leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing
to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare
conditions. CSL Behring operates , one of the world's largest
collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's
therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company
in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic
preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control
of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities
available around the globe and consider building your promising
future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible for the support of a broad range of
Environmental, Health and Safety programs, across several lab and
office facilities across North America. The position offers an
opportunity to progress skills in a variety of EHS disciplines.
--- Responsible for planning and implementing safety,
environmental, and related compliance programs and/or projects
--- Ensures compliance with federal, provincial and municipal
regulations and corporate policy and guidelines
--- May analyze test data and develop or prepare charts, matrices
and test specifications
--- Undertakes most difficult projects, assessments and
--- May be assisted by technicians
Provides guidance and structure to support safety programs across
several lab, office and distribution locations to ensure on-going
compliance through reviews, corrective action, and continuous
improvement. Safety programs include:
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Electrical Safety
- Hot Work
- Radiation Safety
- Biological Safety
- Chemical Handling & Hygiene
Facilitates risk identification and analysis exercises focusing on
manufacturing, laboratory and maintenance activities (Job Hazard
and PPE assessments).
Manages environmental permits and reports, ensuring site delegates
meet all outlined requirements and renewal requirements.
Develops standardized chemical waste program:
- Oversees the responsibilities of the contract chemical and
biohazardous waste management companies.
- Reviews and signs waste manifests, or arranges site
- Outlines training requirement to staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and site conformance to
procedures and policies.
- Provides guidance, as needed, on proper segregation,
collection, and disposal of waste.
Develops EHS incident program & procedures:
- Reviews and categorizes incident reports, investigations, and
- Reviews incident investigations and outlines areas for
improvement or additional mitigation efforts.
- Tracks incident and CAPA metrics.
- Assists with incident notifications and safety alerts.
Other responsibilities as assigned may include:
- Environmental and sustainability program management
- Assesses workplace hazards.
- Development of technical documents including EHS procedures,
programs, and training.
- Fleet management.
- Owns the development and execution of emergency response plans
- Works with staff and managers throughout the
- Scope of the role is primarily associated with the lab, office
and distribution locations across N. America.
- May provide technical input into the development of EHS
- Accountable for all programs assigned via site EHS Director -
- This position will interact primarily throughout all levels of
the organization with a focus on providing support and ensuring
ongoing compliance and sustainment of EHS programs and
- Position will influence staff and managers and is expected to
negotiate with them.
- This position will interact with regulatory bodies during
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Must have the ability to write procedures, policies, reports,
- Must be comfortable with delivering presentations to audiences
of 5 to 20 5-200 people (ex. training, presentation of data or
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures and
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to
interact and form strong working relationships with individuals
from all disciplines.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask.
--- Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental
Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering or
--- 7 years' relevant experience including experience at a
--- Thorough knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
--- Large pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing experience
Worker Sub Type:
Keywords: CSL Behring, Philadelphia , Sr. EHS Specialist, Other , King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!