Packaging Team Lead 7pm-7am
Company: International Vitamin Corporation
Posted on: October 19, 2020
International Vitamin Corporation (IVC) is a leading global
manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional supplements with more than
half a century of private label and contract manufacturing
experience, an impeccable quality and regulatory compliance record,
and with new resources focused on enriching the health and lives of
others. We currently have an opening for a Packaging Team Lead in
our Philadelphia, PA facility.
Responsible for maintaining GMP quality standards, plant safety and
manufacturing productivity through-out Cell 3 department. Requires
working knowledge and understanding of all packaging equipment to
support set-ups, changeovers, adjustments, minor repairs, and
routine operations in accordance with company SOP's and
manufacturer's specifications. Performs and/or reviews all batch
documentation and performs timely computer transactions Direct
reports include all on-shift operators in Cell 3.
- Supervises operators and monitors equipment throughout shift to
ensure all SOP's are properly followed and executed. Coaches
operators on proper operation and addresses violations with proper
- Directs machine operators and service personnel in details of
daily schedule, standard operating procedures and production
requirements. Responsible for shift reports, production out-puts
and overall quality of work produced.
- Ensures production schedule is maintained by making necessary
corrections and adjustments to equipment to maintain maximum
performance. Reports issues that may result in schedule not being
maintained to management immediately. Supervises all packaging
personnel and operations on the shift.
- Ability to objectively evaluate employees with regard to their
needs, desires, motivations and problems. The ability to quickly
and fairly resolve complaints and problems. Additionally, The
ability to encourage employee's ideas and respond to them promptly
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all equipment logs
- Ensures proper cleanliness and assembly of all manufacturing
equipment per the approved SOP.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, clean and safe working
environment at all times.
- Understands and adheres to all cGMP and FDA regulations.
- Identifies and reports any quality issues to supervisor or
- Understands and adheres to all Company policies, procedures,
SOPs and Safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in GMP environment (Preferably in Pharmaceutical
- Team building skills and leadership qualities. Most possess
strong leadership skills to foster a team environment using
sincerity, decisiveness, tact, courtesy and integrity.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to understand basic math.
- Ability to follow SOPs and cGMPs, i.e., wearing appropriate
clothing, beard covers, gloves, etc.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
and develop skills.
- Ability to interact with other department Technicians,
Schedulers, Product development and Information Services.
- The ability to work independently, within a production team and
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Develop and Coach operators as needed.
IVC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V - EOE
- Ability to work Mandatory Overtime (Weekends) and Shift Work
with required notice
- Job requires the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to operate a forklift or pallet jack
Keywords: International Vitamin Corporation, Philadelphia , Packaging Team Lead 7pm-7am, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!