Posted on: January 17, 2020
IntroductionPromontory Financial Group seeks talented individuals
at the Associate level to contribute to the firms global efforts to
provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk
management, and regulatory compliance issues. We are seeking
individuals to join our Quantitative Services Group, a growing team
of specialists within Promontory who develop quantitative solutions
to meet client needs. Travel and performance of work at client
locations globally, for periods of time ranging from days to weeks,
is typical.Your Role and Responsibilities
- Play an active role in business development, client work, and
- Develop statistical and econometric models to evaluate and
predict the economic performance, market value, and risk of
financial products, including residential mortgages, personal
loans, credit cards, auto loans, commercial mortgages, secured and
unsecured commercial loans, equity investments, fixed income
products, and various derivatives (including interest rate swaps
and foreign exchange options, etc.), as well as structured
financial products based upon these assets.
- Implement calculations related to regulatory capital
requirements for large, complex financial institutions, including
stress testing and risk-based capital requirements.
- Construct and analyze large datasets to support the evaluation
of financial institution compliance with supervisory requirements
relating to consumer protection, anti-money laundering, fraud, and
- Implement robust data sampling methods.
- Produce clear reports describing quantitative analytics
projects and their results, interpreting them for both technical
and non-technical audiences and relating them directly to
significant business issues both orally and in writing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Required Technical and
- Writing reports or articles and making presentations on
technical quantitative modeling topics for non-technical
- Statistical or econometric modeling using large, complex
consumer or business datasets.
- Developing quantitative models for risk and performance
segmentation and measurement.
- Statistical programming using tools such as MatLab, S+, or
- Strong English writing skills, with the ability to construct
well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- An ability to explain statistical and technical concepts to
- An ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- An ability to produce accurate work products under binding time
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong skills in statistics or econometrics.
- Expertise with a statistical programming language such as R,
S+, SAS, or MatLab, and ability to learn new programming languages
- Knowledge of SQL use in big data.Preferred Technical and
- Applied econometric modeling of time series and panel
- Quantitative economic modeling or quantitative finance.
- Model development for the valuation of financial assets and
- Model validation.
- SQL programming skills and experience with relational databases
(e.g., Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Implementation of methods for exploratory data analysis.
- Design of statistical samples and implementation of sampling
- Design and implementation of simulation or optimization
- Programming and implementation of statistical algorithms in
- Management consulting.About Business UnitIBM Industry Platforms
provides a range of strategic technologies to remove much of the
cost and complexity of delivering core business functions. By
delivering artificial intelligence, analytics, security, blockchain
and cloud technology as a service, and in a complete platform
tailored to the needs of each industry, IBM helps clients become
more customer-centric, balance costs and mitigate risk.Your Life @
IBMWhat matters to you when youre looking for your next career
challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really
changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse
career and development opportunities where you can truly discover
your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness,
collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all
of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join
us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never
thought possible.Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your
best work ever.About IBMIBMs greatest invention is the IBMer. We
believe that progress is made through progressive thinking,
progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action.
IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and
science can improve business, society and the human condition.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology
and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers
serving clients in 170 countries.Location StatementFor additional
information about location requirements, please discuss with the
recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @
IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair
employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration
Keywords: IBM, Philadelphia , Quantitative Associate, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!