Sr Project Manager - Data Center
Company: Yoh - A Day & Zimmerman Company
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Integration/migration of local Active Directory(AD) with central
ADOther infrastructure projects as required. PM typical projects
will revolve around:
- Deployment of new Data Center Technologies
- Data Center Consolidation/Virtualization
- Data Center Infrastructure
- Data Center Migration
- Process Transformation (Existing > New)Position overview /
Statement of WorkClient has a need for a Senior Project Management
Professional to support several infrastructure initiatives. They
should have experience in infrastructure projects. This individual
will operate as the liaison between the divisions, IS&T and
OIT/IT. Projects will be assigned as required. The candidate will
be required to perform standard project management duties and
should have prior experience managing projects.Work activities
- Develop, clarify and manage the scope of the project, define
contract deliverables and achieves targeted outcomes.
- Assemble project team, identify needed resources, assign
responsibilities and develop timeframes to facilitate successful
completion of project activities and deliverables.
- Assists in the documentation of the "as-is" of existing
workflows and the analogous "to-be" requirements on the new
- As required, oversee the development and posting of RFPs,
and/or related contract amendments for assigned projects.
- Facilitates the delivery of all project items on time, within
budget and meeting the technical and business requirements.
- Assist in the development of the migration strategy, supporting
business cases and various high and low-level project plans,
including technical implementation tasking, quality assurance, user
acceptance tracking and support.
- Ensure compatibility and consistency with existing
architectural and enterprise standards including integration of
related projects and adjustments to project scope.
- Schedule and document meeting minutes, manage action items and
monitor project schedule
- Prepare status reports/updates and communicate to stakeholders
and business leadership project direction and changes.
- Tracks key project milestones and recommends adjustments to
Project Managers, Business Stakeholders and Technical Leads.
- Perform other related duties as assignedSkills/experience
REQUIRED of the assigned staff:
- IT Project management experience including extensive knowledge
and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies,
tools, best practice, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of project management tools, principles, theories and
concepts (e.g. Agile, SDLC, SCRUM, Waterfall, PMBOK)
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with
stakeholders and senior business leadership of PWD.
- Infrastructure project management experience with
Infrastructure teams such as Active Directory, Virtualization,
Server and Storage, Service Desk, Networking, and Security.
- High level technical understanding of Infrastructure technical
tools and practices.
- Plan, organize and direct the work activities of
cross-functional project team members including business teams,
IS&T and external vendors.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities such as conflict/issue
resolution, the ability to define and resolve complex issues where
fundamental principles do not clearly apply or where data appear to
conflict. Requires thorough analysis and judgment to devise and
apply new solutions and concepts.
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory integration
is a plus.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree program at an accredited
college or university with a major course work in Computer Science,
Information Technology or a closely related field AND Minimum of
5-7 years Project Management experience managing multiple, cross
functional teams or projects
- 5-8 years of applicable business experience
- PMP certification or Master's Certificate in Project Management
preferredAny equivalent combination of education and experience
determined to be acceptable#diceSP - provided by Dice
Keywords: Yoh - A Day & Zimmerman Company, Philadelphia , Sr Project Manager - Data Center, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!