Senior Accountant - External Reporting and Technical Accounting
Company: Clarivate Analytics US LLC
Posted on: May 19, 2019
CLARIVATE ANALYTICS CLIENTS ARE THE TRAILBLAZERS AND RISK TAKERS
WHO COME UP WITH LIFE-CHANGING IDEAS. WE RE LOOKING FOR OUR OWN
TRAILBLAZERS TO HELP US KEEP PROVIDING CLIENTS SOME OF THE WORLD S
MOST TRUSTED BRANDS, SPANNING SCIENTIFIC AND ACADEMIC RESEARCH,
PATENT ANALYTICS, PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECH INTELLIGENCE AND IP
WE RE AN INDEPENDENT OWNED COMPANY WITH A RICH HERITAGE AND A BOLD
ENTREPRENEURIAL MISSION. IF YOU RE EXCITED BY THE THOUGHT OF
HELPING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS GO FROM NEW IDEAS TO LIFE-CHANGING
INNOVATIONS FASTER, WE RE EXCITED TO CONSIDER YOU FOR A POSITION AT
The Senior Accountant of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
will be responsible for drafting external reporting deliverables,
including SEC compliant Financial Statements and Footnote
Disclosures. In addition, the successful candidate will also assist
with technical accounting research, benchmarking and papering of
technical accounting policies.
This position reports to the Manager of External Reporting.
More specific responsibilities include:
* Assist Director and Manager of External Reporting in publishing
quarterly and annual SEC compliant Financial Statement s and
related disclosures using the Workiva financial reporting tool.
* Provide input and quality control for quarterly Earnings
Releases, lender presentations and other ad hoc external reporting
requirements including investor relation presentations.
* Assist the team with establishing robust Financial Reporting
processes and executing controls around Financial Reporting in a
timely and diligent manner to comply with SOX requirements.
* Conduct research and document conclusions on specific accounting
matters. Assist in researching financial reporting requirements
under US GAAP, and SEC requirements. Prepare positions on new and
emerging accounting issues.
* Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures to
ensure dissemination and consistency of accounting policy globally.
Work with regional management to ensure appropriate procedures are
maintained by each business unit to support the corporate
* Assist in documentation and review of new transactions to ensure
compliance with applicable US GAAP and SEC regulations.
* Participate, as needed, in integration of any acquisitions and
establish accounting policy processes for newly acquired
* Complete special projects as needs arise.
* Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage
multiple responsibilities simultaneously; ability to work
independently and make decisions.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a fast-paced
and rapidly-changing environment.
* Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
* Able to meet tight deadlines on multiple priorities.
* Strong people management and conflict management skills.
* Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
* Detail-oriented, process-oriented, control-oriented.
* Highest level of integrity
* Bachelor s degree in accounting
* CPA preferred
* Approximately 2-4 years of accounting experience
* Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
* Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles, financial
disclosure requirements and techniques, including SEC rules and
* Extensive experience in the preparation and presentation of
financial statements under guidelines established by the SEC and US
GAAP, including a solid foundation of the financial statement close
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and
* Strong understanding of an effective and efficient internal
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with all levels of the organization.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Clarivate Analytics US LLC, Philadelphia , Senior Accountant - External Reporting and Technical Accounting, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!