DevOps Cloud Software Developer
Company: Willis Towers Watson
Posted on: March 18, 2019
The Software Developer/ Operations Engineer is involved at all stages of the development life cycle, through requirements analysis, coding, unit testing, system testing, pre-production and production support. The successful candidate's primary responsibility is to ensure the ongoing success and adoption of the Willis Towers Watson Common Authentication (CA) Framework currently in development. CA is an important and strategic initiative for Willis Towers Watson and we expect that in the medium term there will be millions of end users accessing the CA system. CA is based on Microsoft Azure's Active Directory B2C platform with cloud-native services, written in C#, being built following DevOps principals, to extend its capabilities. Consumers of the framework are primarily using the Microsoft stack so an understanding of how Authentication is managed within .Net as well as NodeJS, for example, is required.The Role
Major accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and support Willis Towers Watson Common Authentication (CA) Framework and related technologies.
- A strong understanding of Authentication which would ideally include: OAuth, SAML, Federation, OpenID Connect.
- Implementation of authenticated applications with a strong understanding of Microsoft's Authentication Library and JWT.
- Liaise with several internal project teams, business analysts, product owners, scrum-masters, developers, testers and architects to ensure that the proposed solution is mapped to business outcomes.
- Be a point of contact for general, technical, Authentication questions.
- Assist with the design of application solutions incorporating the framework.
- Designs will ensure that solutions are modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, ensuring that they perform optimally within agreed tolerances.
- Involvement in the promotion of developed solutions through various environments in adherence with the change control life cycle.
- Peer review of code from development team members and third-party providers, with a focus on maintainability and performance.
- Ensure solutions are built to best practices and patterns for application development and integration.
- Work and continuously improve the DevOps pipeline to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes through Microsoft VSTS and Release Manager.
- Developing Azure Services - such as Azure Functions, Web Services to support the platform.
- Understanding the requirements of a secure environment by providing the relevant log streams and visibility of security alerts for example, to the information security team.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of infrastructure, best practices, and technical solutions
- Showcasing of product increments to external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent software development experience
- 3 years of experience in Cloud DevOps or combined Cloud software development and system administration experience
- 3 years of experience in Microsoft Technology stack including C#, .NET, and Azure application development
- 3 years of experience in Federation/SSO related development, implementation, and or support
- Familiarity with various SDLC methodologies including Agile Scrum
- 2 years of experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies and tooling preferred
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Organized and methodical
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret business conversations and translate into technical requirements
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Willis Towers Watson, Philadelphia , DevOps Cloud Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!