Sr. Technical Project Manager, PMO
Company: Penn Entertainment Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The Senior Technical Project Manager will reside within the PMO
team and report to the Lead Technical Project Manager. The Sr.
Technical project manager will be a strategic and tactical partner
in project discovery, planning, delivery and execution across the
Barstool Sportsbook and theScore family of products. The ideal
candidate will be self motivated, team oriented, and possess a
strong ability to effectively problem solve in the support of
delivery of strategic business priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own technical project workstreams from conception of scope to
delivery of milestones.
- Alongside project leadership, define clear roles,
responsibilities, dependencies, and deliverables within
- Work closely alongside Engineering, Product and Business
stakeholders to identify and gather both business and technical
- Ability to convert complex concepts into clear, concise
original documentation including project plans, visual aids, flows,
slides, and supporting materials.
- Communicate clearly and regularly across teams and roles to
ensure transparency of status, risks, and dependencies to product,
engineering, and business leadership.
- Collaborate closely with project stakeholders, leads, and PMO
team members to identify, escalate, and mitigate escalate risks and
blockers with urgency.
- Offer strategic guidance for project deliverables, while
executing and reporting on priorities.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement across PMO and
project teams, and collaborate with PMO leadership to implement
- Work autonomously to identify and resolve changes in scope,
schedules and resource requirements utilizing proper escalation
- Advocate within the project team to identify areas of
improvement and take lead on implementing, as well as driving
adoption of these areas.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience working
project management space, with experience working in technical
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes,
strategies, and methods.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and
experience establishing guidelines in these areas for
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills, able
to manage competing priorities with little supervisory
- Strong analytic and leadership skills, including a thorough
understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them
into technical implementation requirements.
- Able to adjust delivery approach, language and level of detail
to meet audience needs; foster relationships even under difficult
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline
technology projects, including scope definition, schedule
development and management, communications and stakeholder
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, inspire
and motivate others
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Capable of reacting quickly to changes in a competitive
- Project management certifications (PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PgMP,
- A passion for sports and/or sports betting.
Keywords: Penn Entertainment Inc., Philadelphia , Sr. Technical Project Manager, PMO, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!