Computer Vision Lead
Posted on: March 19, 2023
This Jobot Job is hosted by: AJ FriedmanAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $150,000 - $200,000 per yearA bit about
us:Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our company was established
by a group of real-time automation and system solution engineers.
We are a global leader in real-time IT and industrial automation
solutions Our mission is to create technological partnerships with
world-class R&D and manufacturing organizations to provide
validated automation and information technology solutions
customized to meet your business and technology requirements. We're
looking for a highly experienced and motivated Computer Vision
Engineer to join our growing engineering design and development
team. As the lead for computer vision engineering, you will be
responsible for designing and spearheading the development and
implementation of cutting-edge machine vision solutions that
deliver significant impact and value to industries such as
pharmaceutical/biotech, medical device, automotive, logistics, and
more. If you're looking to lead an exception team in a highly
collaborative and rewarding environment, please apply below.Why
- Competitive compensation with technical & management growth
- Annual performance-based raises and bonuses
- 401(k) savings plan(s) with company matching
- Paid Time Off Packages
- Medical, Dental, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability
- A structured approach to career and professional development
- Company-paid lunches, snacks, sponsored professional events &
training programsJob DetailsRequirements:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering
- 5+ Years of experience designing, developing, implementing, and
integrating machine vision solutions with industrial automation
technologies and equipment, such as robotics, PLCs, and control
- Deep knowledge and understanding of computer vision principles
and solutions, including image acquisition, optics, lighting,
algorithm development, object detection, segmentation, and
recognition, AI neural networks, 3D imaging, and metrology
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing and implementing
automated machine vision applications using imaging components,
such as cameras, lighting, optics, and material handling
- Experience with image processing libraries such as OpenCV,
Cognex, Halcon, or Keyence Vision Libraries.
- Experience in developing vision software algorithms and
solutions in programming languages such as Python, C#, C++, or
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques such as supervised
and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and reinforcement
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to work independently and
lead a team of engineers.Preferred, but not Required:
- AIA CVP-Advanced or equivalent machine vision certification
- Experience with Cognex ViDi & VisionPro.
- Experience with relational database user interface and query
software (e.g., Structured Query Language SQL).
- Experience implementing projects in a regulated/validated GxP
environment.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and deploy cutting-edge machine vision systems
and solutions on a variety of platforms that integrate with other
automation equipment such as robotics, PLCs, and control
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of software, controls,
automation, robotics, and mechatronic engineers to deeply
understand customer and product needs and translate them into
technical functional and design requirements.
- Conceptualize and design custom industrial automation machine
vision systems, including development and confirmation of technical
- Oversee equipment assessment, ordering, and verification that
final system hardware and software meet customer requirements.
- Oversee and support development, testing, and installation
activities to ensure machine vision systems conform to engineering
design, meet customer requirements and design specifications, and
- Act as the engineering department's primary point of contact on
machine vision system design and technical matters for assigned
- Provide guidance and direction in technical design and risk
evaluation as part of the solution design team.
- Act as the escalation point for both internal and customer
teams for machine vision system challenges that arise during the
build, installation, or support of a custom automated system that
our company has designed.
- Collaborate with the Research & Development Group on defining
the requirements for machine vision integrations into new our
company products, specifically Robotics integrations and the use of
AI-assisted inspections for new applications.
- Develop and optimize image processing algorithms and machine
learning models to improve the accuracy and performance of computer
- Provide expert technical support including design, development,
configuration and implementation, and troubleshooting of machine
vision solutions systems.
- Participate in testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of
computer vision systems to ensure they meet the design
- Conduct research and development to identify and evaluate new
technologies, tools, and techniques that can be used to enhance the
machine vision solutions and their integration with other
- Document design specifications, code, and test procedures.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to team members.
- Support the development, review, and approval of Machine Vision
Solution specifications, code, procedures, and associated
- Support our company's Business Development Team in the creation
of conceptual solution design, technical writing, and associated
cost/time estimates for Machine Vision Solution Hardware, Software,
and engineering services.
- Communicate and coordinate with project stakeholders to manage
expectations and ensure successful project delivery.Interested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Philadelphia , Computer Vision Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...