Front-End Developer /Senior Front-End Developer (React/Full Remote)
Company: Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Posted on: September 24, 2022
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaAre you a problem
solver? Do you love working with complex data, translating visual
concepts into immersive user experiences, and collaborating with
creative teams? Do you value a supportive and cooperative
environment for continuous improvement?
As a Front-End Developer at the Federal Reserve, you will develop
solutions that keep the public educated and informed about the
working of the Nation's Central Bank. Our projects help make the
underlying structure of the economy visible to the public and keep
policy makers informed about the state of the economy.
You'll support the Bank's mission by building, maintaining, and
enhancing the Bank's digital communications, as well as provide
direction and expertise. You'll work closely with a myriad of teams
at a District and System level to deliver innovate and compelling
solutions.NOTE: This job description below reflects the higher
level of a dual grade job posting. Candidates who possess a
slightly lower level of experience, education, or qualifications
may also be considered.The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is
one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board
of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve
System.It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises
banks, savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial
services to depository institutions and the federal government.The
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central
Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.Job
- Designs, prototypes, develops, and implements
Internet/intranet-based UI/UX solutions using a number of digital
frameworks and strategies.
- Provide leadership in the bank's efforts to continually enhance
website design, usability and navigation.
- Establish and maintain web standards in order to develop
dynamic web features and functionalities; and to employ best
practices in both design and digital solutions.
- Reviews UX/UI development architectures currently in place and
works with technical team to recommend solutions to improve.
- Assures designs and solutions not only are a fit for the
specific purpose but also closely align with the standards
guidelines of technology solutions.
- Translates design and interaction requirements to a solution
which is fully functional in the Bank's web environment and across
all web browsers, including mobile devices (iOS, Android).
- Informs stakeholders about any problems with the current
technical solutions being implemented.
- Evaluates the user impact that certain design and technology
- Leverages industry best practices for digital technology,
frameworks and code libraries in solutions.
- Leads front-end development of the Bank's public and internal
website(s). Provides direction and insight into user experience,
content generation and coordination, visual design and typography,
style conformity, and maintenance.
- Evaluates user research, analytics, and best practices to
inform user-experience enhancements and decisions.
- Provides advanced technical guidance and support to team
members, stakeholders, and content owners. Incorporates world-class
functionality into application when new tools and capabilities
become available to increase user experience and engagement.
- Leads development and design of new mobile and multi-media
applications that will enhance the Bank's digital communications
- Keeps up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
This includes, but is not limited to, mobile web, security,
accessibility, and usability.
- Fulfills job duties and responsibilities in conformance with
sound safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Meets routinely with the Manager of Digital Solutions, the
digital team, and the media team to review analytics and make
changes to user interface to increase traffic to high target
products.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Web Design, or
relevant experience required.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in developing and maintaining
websites and a minimum of 4 years' user experience development of
dynamic internet applications.
- Minimum of 6 years` experience developing enterprise sites and
applications, responsive interfaces (including optimization for
mobile and tablet), email campaigns, and other user experiences
(UX) and interaction.
- Minimum of 6 years` experience in UI/UX development with data
presentation and visualization.
- Minimum of 5 years` experience implementing UI/UX designs and
creating test-ready interfaces and applications in an agile
development environment.Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in user experience, accessibility, data
visualization, mobile application development, search and website
analytics, social media, or database design is highly desired.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Ability to understand existing content and business process to
design and deliver solutions.
- Experience with migration of website content from legacy
systems to new platforms.
- Experience with building secure web-based applications using
secure coding best practices.
- Expert knowledge of React.js, React Native, HTML5, CSS,
- Strong working knowledge of D3.js and other data visualization
- Strong working knowledge of speed focused techniques like async
loading and lazy loading.
- Strong working knowledge of UX / UI best practices and
- Strong working knowledge of Node.js.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of Bootstrap / Foundation or
- Ability to build web pages from concept to design to code.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing WCAG website
- Experience in a volume-driven and time-sensitive work
environment with the ability to track and meet multiple
- Experience using Sitecore preferred.To apply: You must upload
both a resume and a cover letter to be considered for this
position. Please upload both files using the Resume/CV upload
option.Other: Our benefit plans are designed to be the best fit for
you at every stage of your career!
- Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and
Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- 401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
- Employer-funded Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
- Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending
- Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes,
Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
- Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More...The
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity,
equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our
success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and
retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool.
To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight
employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal
Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace.We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support
a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and
allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting
LGBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth),
Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all
employees.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment.A requirement of this position is that you will be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious
accommodation.All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees
must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit
employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from
owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations
or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and
loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or
minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able
to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you
should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who
can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if
necessary. You should review the to ensure compliance with conflict
of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.Background
investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a
condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates
for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened
for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the
Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.All
employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background
and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list
checks at least once every five years.Certain eligibility rules
apply. Applicants must be able to provide work authorization to
prove their eligibility to work in the United States.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of
work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with
this position or the personnel so classified. While this job
description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this
position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job
description at its discretion at any time.This is a 100% remote
opportunity. You may be asked to come into the Bank from time to
time for meetings and conferences.Learn more about the Philly Fed
and its culture. Learn more about working for the Philly
Fed."#LI-remote"Full Time / Part TimeFull timeRegular /
TemporaryRegularJob Exempt (Yes / No)YesJob
CategoryCommunications/Public RelationsWork ShiftFirst (United
States of America)The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity
and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an
organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve
Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees
and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an
environment where employees are valued for their differences.
Keywords: Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Front-End Developer /Senior Front-End Developer (React/Full Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!