Software Engineer II (Ruby on Rails) - Payments
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Software Engineer II (Ruby on Rails) - PaymentsTaskRabbit,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United StatesTaskrabbit will never use
text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a
thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an
initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews
with our hiring teams.Communications will always be conducted by
taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed
across the USA!
- Builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best
Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal's "Best Places" Best Companies for Diversity,
#1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal's " Best Places" Best Companies for Women, #4
2019 and #1 2020About the Job The Payments team is responsible for
creating and maintaining billing and payment architecture,
financial reporting, payment processing user interfaces, merchant
applications, and consumer applications for everything related to
accepting and providing payments. We strive to make money simple,
helpful, and accessible for our customers and taskers. As a
Software Development Engineer II, you will be responsible for
enhancing & implementing payments backend systems. You will work
closely with cross-functional teams to develop and integrate new
payment features with payment processing systems. Join us in
creating a better everyday life for everyday people. You will be:
- Collaborating with other engineering teams to design APIs
- Create and maintain integration with payment processors
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and
commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding
- Work with Product Managers, cross-team engineers, data
engineers and user experience (UX) in Payments You should have:
- 3+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- 2+ years professional experience developing with Ruby on
- Experience building contract-first API-driven applications or
- Familiarity with automated testing in large Rails applications
You might be a fit if you have: -
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and
plans to keep us moving forward.
- Have great attention to detail and quality.
- Love collaborating with a tight-knit team. Taskrabbit is a
marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers
to handle everyday home to-do's, such as furniture assembly,
handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group -
the world's largest furniture retailer - in 2017 At Taskrabbit, we
want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it's
a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery
person, we're imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to
team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate
innovation, inclusion and hard work. - As a pioneer of the sharing
economy, Taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping
neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and
75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life
for everyday people has remained the same. Together with IKEA,
we're creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent,
meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting
relationships with clients in communities around the world. We are
a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative,
pragmatic, and fast-paced. We're looking for talented,
entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a
passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of
fun while they're at it. You'll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that
talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most
talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people
you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- The Values. -
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our
team and communities. -
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable
community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are
inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions
when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in
which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and
leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all
over the world.
- The perks: Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental,
vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching,
generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter
benefits, learning and development opportunities, career
development trainings, monthly Taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA
discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office Equal
Opportunity Employer Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer
and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- About TaskRabbitAbout usTaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work
gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our
employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers
of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a
peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects
neighbors to get things done.Palantir builds software that connects
data, technologies, humans and environments.
Keywords: Uncubed, Philadelphia , Software Engineer II (Ruby on Rails) - Payments, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!