Software Engineer, Production Engineering (Remote US)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company DescriptionDear trailblazers, forward-thinkers, and
doers - We want you. DataStax is the open, multi-cloud stack for
modern data apps. DataStax gives enterprises the freedom of choice,
simplicity, and true cloud economics to deploy massive data,
delivered via APIs, powering rich interactions on multi-cloud, open
source and Kubernetes. We subscribe to a set of principles that
guide how we collaboratively work together. We inspire each other
with our values, obsessing over users and enterprises, taking
action and focusing on results, innovating in technology, products,
and everything we do, and defining success as the team winning. We
foster a diverse working environment that is respectful, generates
new ideas, promotes ownership, and encourages highly motivated
individuals to shape tomorrow. These form the foundation of
DataStax's culture and help drive our decisions.Job
DescriptionSenior Software Engineer - Production EngineeringAs an
experienced engineer at DataStax, you will tap your experience to
seek out and build complex systems to help leading enterprises
manage their complex data needs. You would be highly involved in
the design, implementation, and operation of solutions to solve the
problems as we scale up and deliver an amazing developer
experience.What You Will Do
- Develop and own reliability code that touches all levels of the
stack - UI, backend to frontend, microservices - from investigation
to implementation to testing to release
- Model solid engineering practices around reliability,
scalability and maintainability
- Work with modern technologies and frameworks such as React,
Node.js, Java, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Participate in the on-call rotation for Production
EngineeringYour Experience Should Include
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures and software
- Strong coding skills with either Python, Go or Java,
- Proven record of development up and down the stack
- Deep understanding of various database technologies
- Experience with containers and docker orchestration.
- Experience with (RESTful APIs) microservices and associated
patterns including dependency injection.
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools, version control tools,
build automation tools and test automation tools.
- Experience in SDLC having contributed at each step: Plan,
Track, Code, Build, Test, Deploy and Monitor.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Cassandra is a plus.If this motivates
you, we'd love to hear from you!Additional InformationAll your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: DataStax, Philadelphia , Software Engineer, Production Engineering (Remote US), IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!