FBI Special Agent: Cybersecurity/Technology
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
FBI Special Agents apply their professional experience and
unique skill sets to their work every day. Because technology
permeates every aspect of what we do, our Agents also come from all
IT backgrounds: network information, cybersecurity, computer
science, digital forensics and other technical specialties. We need
professionals experienced in network security, computer science and
software engineering to prevent cybercrimes, data theft, ransomware
and other attacks to our national security. You can expect
continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to
work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and
scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike
anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate
mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution
of the United States. SALARY LEVEL $66,991.25 - $86,442.50 Salary
is commensurate to experience and location. DUTIES Candidates
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.In addition, all Special
Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent
Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging
process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The
selection process typically takes one year or more to complete. KEY
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
driving experience. EDUCATION
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably
in computer science, engineering, data science, information
technology or similar disciplines) from a U.S.-accredited college
or university. All degrees must be from an accredited college or
university and must be verified by submitting college
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Philadelphia , FBI Special Agent: Cybersecurity/Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!