Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Migration Tools
Company: Workday, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Do what you love. Love what you do. At Workday, we help the
world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing
finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work
hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun,
too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation,
and do good in the communities where we live and work. About the
Team The Cloud Engineering & Migration team at Workday is
responsible for developing migration strategy and engineering
migration automation for migrating thousands of customers across
public and private clouds seamlessly. We are a team of dedicated &
hardworking engineers tasked with migrating different types of
workloads with focus on availability and performance, while
providing seamless migration experience that our customers expect
from Workday. We are looking for individuals who have strong
experience in developing, migrating and supporting workloads on
public and private cloud platforms. You must be adaptable, flexible
and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
About the Role Are you a hardworking Software Engineer looking for
opportunities to plan, design and automate cloud migration? or an
innovative Software Developer that enjoys building tools and
frameworks to migrate workloads seamlessly? You will help the team
which is responsible for planning, designing and migrating
thousands of customers across public and private cloud platforms.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to put your creativity, innovation
and problem-solving skills to test and enjoy being part of
successful team which strives to focus on engineering and
automation for cloud migration with Zero Downtime focus. About You
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Have solid understanding of object-oriented design, data
structures, and problem solving.
- In-depth experience in application development using any
programming language(Java, Python, etc) including Architecture,
Design and Development.
- Experience with modern DevOps technologies such as Docker and
container orchestration, service deployment, monitoring and
- Experience working and familiar with public cloud
- Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL database
technologies, including MySQL, Postgres and others.
- Excellent team player with extraordinary written & verbal
communication skills. Others Qualifications
- Experience with automation tools such as Terraform and
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Experience with JSON and Integration technologies.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and ability to learn
- BS/MS degree in computer science. Pursuant to applicable Fair
Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records. Workday is an Equal
Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and
protected veterans. Are you being referred to one of our roles? If
so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral
Keywords: Workday, Inc., Philadelphia , Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Migration Tools, IT / Software / Systems , Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!