Company: Xylem Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Xylem -zlm- 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward
from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to
solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading
global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water
technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved
and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose:
creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve
the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas. If you are excited
and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear
from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for
compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development,
work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a
professional, supportive network for employees from diverse
backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People
of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents
Networks. The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a
technically skilled Database Administrator with very strong SQL
scripting expertise. This position will manage all databases
currently used for our applications. The main databases are Oracle,
MSSQL and Postgres. This position requires maintaining integrity,
availability, security and performance of the application
databases. Can you envision yourself in a startup-like environment
growing its smart infrastructure solutions portfolio? Join our team
and bring your great ideas and energy to this critical role which
impacts our business objectives while helping the world! Essential
- Conducts in depth SQL Server database monitoring and
- Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass
system configuration, and software.
- Provide feedback to design and development engineering for
database requirements as well as performance analysis
- Migrate data from one database to another. Understand the
source and target schemas, and transform the data as needed
- Help troubleshoot our application upgrade failures. This means
willing to learn some components of our applications
- Configure SQL Server Always on clusters would be a plus
- Knowledge of backup/restore functions
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities Minimum
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities,
- Experience with MSSQL 2014, 2016 and 2019
- 3-5 years production experience.
- Strong SQL scripting experience required
- Fine tune database queries to improve performance.
- Experience with SQL Server Always on Failover Clustering
- Troubleshoot and resolve security issues, connectivity issues,
blocking & deadlock issues and performance issues.
- Detect and troubleshoot CPU, memory, I/O, diskspace and other
- Work experience with SQL Server partitioning.
- Work experience with SQL Profiler
- Ability to develop plans for future storage requirements.
- Automation of MSSQL Server maintenance and alerting. Monitoring
failed and long running MSSQL Server jobs.
- Ability to write automated shell scripts and complex
- Should be a great problem-solver and possess excellent
- Be willing to work off-hours and weekends, as needed, and
participate in an On-call rotation.
- Willing to travel at short notice if required. Physical
Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about
the facility Work Environment: (The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours Xylem is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Xylem Inc., Philadelphia , Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!