Salesforce Fullstack Developer
Company: National Board of Medical Examiners
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Position Overview NBME is looking to hire a Salesforce Developer
to become part of Application Services unit. You will be part of a
growing Salesforce practice and play a key role in maximizing the
efficacy of the Salesforce Service Cloud, Communities, Commerce,
and MDM capabilities. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible
for the design, development, testing and implementation of
customizations, applications, extensions and integrations. You will
work with a team of fellow engineers and collaborate with our
Customer Success and Marketing teams to translate business needs
into effective and scalable products within SFDC platform. Your
contributions will directly impact the growth and future of NBME.
You must be able to thrive in our highly collaborative,
digitally-driven and innovation-led environment. Nurture your
talent for thoughtful and game changing solutions in our inclusive
culture that values diversity of ideas, experiences and
backgrounds. Key Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Product Owner, Salesforce
Administrator/Configurator, Solutions Architect and other Engineers
on the team and focus on leading implementation of Salesforce
Service Cloud and Communities to offer a comprehensive,
industry-focused solution that includes strategy, implementation,
and migration and integration services.
- Design and develop solutions primarily on the Salesforce
platform using Apex programming language, Visual Force, and
Lightening Component Framework.
- Develop software solutions using Salesforce.com API framework,
and 3rd party APIs.
- Implement customer-based solutions in the Salesforce.com
development environment which includes custom objects, workflows,
triggers, controller, extensions, the Force.com IDE, migration
tools, SOQL, and web services.
- Develop highly interactive UI using Lightning Component
- Perform data transfer and cleansing via APEX Data Loader and/or
SFDC Import Wizard.
- Develop/maintain eCommerce offering on Salesforce through B2C
- Conduct unit testing and support other testing cycles like QA,
UAT, regression, and system testing.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed
solutions and articulate the benefits and risks to a solution's
feasibility and functionality.
- Work closely with the technology team to provide functional and
technology support on SFDC Resolve Level 2 queries (i.e. break/fix,
etc.) (an on-call rotation is associated with this position).
- Demonstrate understanding of software engineering concepts and
be responsible for working on full lifecycle engineering efforts
using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted
design patterns and practices on SFDC platform.
- Analyze Salesforce releases and coordinate impact with business
(PO) and technical teams.
- Participate in business and technical requirement meetings for
system changes and enhancements.
- Build and foster relationships with business users,
stakeholders and partners by displaying industry knowledge and
expertise in the Salesforce.com platform.
- Coach and mentor other technical and functional team members on
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop custom solutions to
fit business goals across various organizations including Customer
Operations, Sales, Finance, Operations, and IT.
- Translate business requirements into creative and effective
technical designs, and well-architected solutions that best
leverage the Salesforce platform and products. Advise on
alternatives and on the implications of new or revised processing
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts and
evaluation of 3rd party apps on AppExchange.
- Champion the re-use of Salesforce solutions by developing,
documenting and enforcing application standards and procedures for
SFDC platform where practical.
- Communicate SFDC solution options to both technical and
non-technical staff. Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience developing Force.com commercial business
applications as part of a collaborative team required (Apex, Visual
Force and Lightning Component Framework).
- 7+ years of total development experience required.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Declarative Programming and
Administration (develop code, custom objects, Visual Force pages,
Apex, Lightning Components, reports, workflows and assignment
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs Force.com SOAP
and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using
web services and app exchange apps required.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce custom application design
including knowledge of limits, throttling, security, APIs, etc.,
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, Bamboo
(or similar tools) preferred.
- Experience with source versioning systems like SVN (or similar)
- Five or more years of experience in a large software
development environment required.
- Understanding of requirements management disciplines and
software development life cycle required.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, communication
and collaboration skills required.
- Experience building complex business applications using Java
will be a plus.
- Platform Developer I, or II, or Platform App Builder
certification will be a plus. EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Related Field or Equivalent Work
Experience. About NBME: NBME offers a versatile selection of
high-quality assessments and educational services for students,
professionals, educators, and institutions dedicated to the
evolving needs of medical education and health care. To serve these
communities, we collaborate with a comprehensive array of
professionals including test developers, academic researchers,
scoring experts, practicing physicians, medical educators, state
medical board members, and public representatives. Together with
the Federation of State Medical Boards, NBME develops and manages
the United States Medical Licensing Examination. In addition, we
are committed to meeting the needs of educators and learners
globally with assessment products and expert services such as
Subject Examinations, Customized Assessment Services,
Self-Assessments, the International Foundations of Medicine , and
Item-Writing Workshops. We also provide medical education funding
and mentorship through the Latin America Grants, Stemmler Fund, and
Strategic Educators Enhancement Fund, which serve to advance
assessment at educators' and health professionals' own
institutions. Learn more about NBME at NBME.org. Diversity, Equity,
and Inclusion Statement At NBME, we continue to innovate and
improve how we fulfill the evolving needs of the health care
community. This commitment starts and ends with the people at NBME.
By recruiting and empowering talented individuals from various
disciplines and backgrounds, which includes professionals with
diverse life experiences, abilities, and perspectives, NBME can
take a well-informed, robust approach to advancing medical
education and assessment for years to come. The NBME offers
competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding work
environment. The NBME is an equal opportunity employer as defined
by the EEOE
Keywords: National Board of Medical Examiners, Philadelphia , Salesforce Fullstack Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!