RIA Programmer III - 64028
Company: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Location:-- LOC_ABRAMSON-Abramson Building -- Shift: Days
Employment Status:--Regular - Full Time-- Job Summary
- Independent development, testing and implementation of
translational informatics software and application solutions.
- Conceive, design, and disseminate (through multiple academic
and non-academic channels) re-usable open source and proprietary
software and application products.
- Evaluate, adopt and use multiple technologies to create
innovative solutions that have a high impact on data-intensive
clinical and translational research.
- Continuously learn about a wide variety of biomedical domains
in order to translate domain requirements into high-impact
- Serve as a technical team lead in a highly matrixed research
environment, including technical project lead on multidisciplinary
teams including clinicians and biomedical researchers.
- Lead the development, evolution, and implementation of software
development methodologies that are optimized to a biomedical
- Mentor junior staff, student workers, co-ops, and research
trainees (fellows, post-docs). Interact directly with Hospital
Information Solutions applications and technology staff to identify
and implement optimal computing infrastructure. Job
- Design, develop, and test software and applications.
- Write automated unit and functional tests of complex
application logic while adhering to principles and best practices
of containerization and continuous integration and deployment.
- Document code and generate appropriate technical and user
documentation for software and applications.
- Manage all code, documentation, and issues in modern source
- Manage projects and subprojects of increasing complexity within
larger initiatives, identifying, tracking, and reporting on tasks
and deliverables against project timelines. Job Responsibilities
(Continued) Job Responsibilities (Continued) Required Licenses,
Certifications, Registrations Required Education and Experience
- At least five (5) years of programming experience with
progressively more complex projects.
- Previous experience with continuous learning and adoption of
new languages and frameworks.
- At least five (5) years of experience in quality assurance,
continuous integration and deployment, configuration management, or
other aspect of software and application validation.
- Previous experience of staying current by evaluating and
implementing the latest and greatest QA/CID tools and processes.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic Preferred Education:
Master's degree in computer science, biomedical engineering,
information science, or related field Preferred Experience:
- Six (6) or more years of programming experience with
progressively more complex projects.
- Five (5) or more years of experience developing, configuring,
or customizing software in a clinical environment. Preferred
Licenses/certificates/registrations: Epic Certifications Additional
- Expert knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database
application development required
- Previous experience in data modeling is required.
- Experience in healthcare and/or biomedical, genomic data
management issues is preferred.--
- Must exhibit excellent oral, presentation, and written
- Experience with continuous integration, containerization, and
automated testing tools and processes is required.
- Working knowledge of Epic or other electronic health record
workflows is preferred.
- Accountability and attention to timelines.
- Ability to independently plan and execute analyses of moderate
- Ability to work in a team environment. All CHOP employees who
work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required
to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a
medical or religious exemption. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its
patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to
achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled
hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job
applicant does not use tobacco products. Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin,
disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal
Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans.
Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or
Keywords: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , RIA Programmer III - 64028, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!