Engineer 3, Software Dev Eng
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software
and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the
integration of new applications. Documents all development
activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has
in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for
colleagues with less experience.Job DescriptionDo you love to write
code? Are you passionate about software craftsmanship? Would you
like to work on projects with tangible impact?As a software
engineer in the NGAN Engineering team you will be part of a team
that is building next generation access network which will help
deliver the services of the future to our customers. The software
applications we are building is a containerized,
microservice-based, cloud-deployed services. You will work closely
with a cross functional team to design, implement and maintain
quality software.Our Team:
- We value mutually respect, and encourage diversity of
- We value curiosity and experimentation, and strive for
- We value team cohesion, and strive to keep individual ego in
- We value simplicity in our architecture and code, and strive to
be detail oriented.
- We value joy in our work, and strive for work-life
- We value personal and team ownership, and strive for mutual
- We value judicious refactoring, and question the status
- Write tested, production-ready code
- Write appropriate documentation
- Participate in design and architecture sessions
- Build effective deployment and monitoring systems
- Support production environments
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in software release and deployment activities
managed under an agile software development approach
- Collaborate constructively with team members
- Knowledge of networking protocols: HTTP/S, TCP, UDP, multicast,
- Experience in any of the following: Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka,
- Good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in code optimization and high performance
- Experience in Test-driven development/test automation,
continuous integration, and deployment automation
- Good communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate
complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for
architecting at scale.
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process
design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural,
design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, project management
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience5-7
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: .net, algorithm, application, back end, c c++, c#, devops,
php, python, sw
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Engineer 3, Software Dev Eng, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!