Principal II Mobile Developer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software
applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of
new applications. Oversees the documentation and software best
practices of all development activities. Trains and mentors both
technical and non-technical personnel. Assists with defining and
tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to
other Engineers.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs and oversees new software and web applications,
supports applications under development and customizes current
applications. Develops software update processes for existing
applications. Assists and oversees in the roll-out of software
- Trains and mentors software development engineers on internally
developed software applications and software development best
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation
and technical requirements, including software designs evaluation
plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
provides guidance with regards to practices, procedures and
techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software
- Assists in tracking; provides and evaluates performance
metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification
and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates
systems, subsystems and components.
- Leads project planning, resourcing, requirement analyzing and
defining, detailed designing and deployment of feature or
- Presents and defends architectural, design and technical
choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience10 Years
+Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: android, application developer, ios, java, mobile app,
mobile application, mobile developer, object c, swift, xcode
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Principal II Mobile Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!