Technical Sales Representative (PA) - Microwave & Raman Spectroscopy
Company: Anton Paar USA Inc.
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Would you like to work for the world leader in microwave
digestion and synthesis, the measurement of density, and the field
of Rheometry? Do you prefer to mix things up and work with a
variety of customers, such as universities, breweries, and Fortune
500 companies? Are you always curious about how things work and
enjoy tinkering with sophisticated equipment? Then let's get
acquainted: Anton Paar:
- Globally headquartered in Graz, Austria, Anton Paar GmbH is
owned by the charitable Santner Foundation.
- A highly diverse organization, Anton Paar USA has employees
from more than 20 different countries, located all over the US and
the Caribbean.Description:The Technical Sales Representative will
be responsible for direct sales of process instrumentation and
services to customers in northern portion of our Eastern region of
the US. The territory includes NY, NJ, PA, RI, CT MA, VT, NH and
ME. Candidates will ideally be located in Newark, NJ. Philadelphia,
PA or Boston, MA however other areas in the territory will be
considered. Products in the portfolio will include our line of
microwave synthesis, extraction, and digestion instruments; and
will also include our line of Raman spectrometers. The base salary
for this position starts at $83,000/yr and is depending on capital
equipment sales experience, with specific industry experience
preferred. Our commission plan is uncapped, pays monthly from
dollar one and accelerates after reaching goal. Anton Paar USA
offers full benefits, profit sharing bonuses; and we offer a
$10,000 anniversary bonus every five years. This position requires
up to 80% travel. On average, overnight travel is required three
nights/week within the individual territory. Additional travel may
be required for technical product training either inside the US or
possibly the EU, as well as to conferences within the region
- The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for
direct sales of Anton Paar laboratory instrumentation to customers
in the northern portion of the Eastern Region.
- Primary responsibilities include both generating new accounts
through lead follow up and the effective management of existing
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites
on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument
demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their
instrumentation used in a wide range of applications.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral
communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally
well with Ph.D.-level scientists and QC technicians.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to
customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in
chemistry, engineering, physics or similar field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in successfully selling
scientific, analytical instrumentation.
- Experience with microwave digestion/synthesis and/or Raman
Spectroscopy is desired.
- Knowledge of the chemical, materials and/or pharmaceutical
industry is a plus.Anton Paar USA offers a unique and rewarding
position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and
service organization. We offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits package
- Opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar
organizationAnton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Plan EmployerThis position is not eligible for current or
future work authorization or visa
sponsorshipFemales/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans are welcome
Keywords: Anton Paar USA Inc., Philadelphia , Technical Sales Representative (PA) - Microwave & Raman Spectroscopy, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!