Technical Sales Representative - Microwave & Raman Spectroscopy
Company: Anton Paar USA
Posted on: December 5, 2019
OverviewWould you like to work for the world leader in microwave
digestion and synthesis, the measurement of density, and the field
of Rheometry? Do you prefer to mix things up and work with a
variety of customers, such as universities, breweries, and Fortune
500 companies? Are you always curious about how things work and
enjoy tinkering with sophisticated equipment? Then let's get
- Globally headquartered in Graz, Austria, Anton Paar GmbH is
owned by the charitable Santner Foundation.
- A highly diverse organization, Anton Paar USA has employees
from more than 20 different countries, located all over the US and
Technical Sales Representative selling scientific, analytical
instrumentation in southern portion of our Eastern region of the
US. The territory includes NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD and DC. Candidates
will ideally be located in Newark, NJ or Philadelphia, PA, however
other areas in the territory will be considered. Products in the
portfolio will include our line of microwave synthesis, extraction,
and digestion instruments; and will also include our line of Raman
The total salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000/yr
depending on capital equipment sales experience, with specific
industry experience preferred. Our commission is uncapped, pays
monthly from dollar one, and is accelerated (higher commission
percentage) above target. Anton Paar USA offers full benefits,
profit sharing bonuses; and we offer a $10,000 anniversary bonus
every five years.
This position requires up to 80% travel. On average, overnight
travel is required three nights/week within the individual
territory. Additional travel may be required for technical product
training either inside the US or possibly the EU, as well as to
conferences within the regionResponsibilities & Qualifications
- The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for
direct sales of Anton Paar laboratory instrumentation to customers
in the southern portion of the Eastern Region.
- Primary responsibilities include both generating new accounts
through lead follow up and the effective management of existing
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites
on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument
demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their
instrumentation used in a wide range of applications.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral
communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally
well with Ph.D.-level scientists and QC technicians.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to
customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in
chemistry, engineering, physics or similar field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in successfully selling
scientific, analytical instrumentation.
- Experience with microwave digestion/synthesis and/or Raman
Spectroscopy is desired.
- Knowledge of the chemical, materials and/or pharmaceutical
industry is a plus.
We OfferAnton Paar USA offers a unique and rewarding position
within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service
organization. We offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits package
- Opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar
Anton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan
Females/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans are welcome
Keywords: Anton Paar USA, Philadelphia , Technical Sales Representative - Microwave & Raman Spectroscopy, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!