Recruiter/ HR Generalist - Temporarily Remote
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About KinderingKindering embraces children of diverse abilities
and their families by providing the finest education and therapies
to nurture hope, courage, and the skills to soar. A not-for-profit
neurodevelopmental center, we have provided comprehensive services
for children with special needs and their families since 1962.
Kindering is dedicated to maintaining a highly trained, licensed,
and certified team of professionals. Current services include
comprehensive developmental assessments, physical and occupational
therapy, speech and language therapy, special education, family
counseling, nutrition and feeding team, childcare consultation,
parenting education, and family resource coordination.
Kindering's vision for equity is: I BELONG. Eradicate systemic
racial and oppressive barriers so everyone succeeds.
Kindering values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We
encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of
color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans,
immigrants, and refugees.
PurposeAt Kindering, people are the heart of our organization. We
are passionate about hiring and retaining remarkable individuals
that demonstrate our values and bring our mission to life. We are
seeking an experienced HR Generalist with strong recruiter skills
with proven success to assist with the day-to-day delivery of HR
services including talent acquisition, talent management, new
employee onboarding, employee relations issues, HR analytics, as
well as project management of HR initiatives and programs. On
average, the position spends 60% of their time on Recruitment
activities, and 40% on HR Generalist work.
Kindering has campuses located primarily across King County's
Eastside (Bellevue, Renton, Redmond, Bothell) and a small satellite
office in Seattle. This is a new position for Kindering and is a
unique opportunity to help our HR department establish a robust
recruitment program. This position will have responsibility for the
full recruitment life cycle - develop recruitment strategies,
source talent, recruit, screen candidates, recommend candidates for
interviews, and manage the interview and employment offer
processes. Our organization is at a pivotal place in reimagining a
race equity culture and this is a dynamic opportunity to partner
across all departments to participate in creating an even stronger
organizational culture of belonging.
Principal Duties & ResponsibilitiesDuties and responsibilities may
include but are not limited to the following
- Responsible for Kindering's full recruitment life cycle.
- Project manage and implement a range of HR programs and
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee orientation.
- Administer leaves of absence across the organization - FMLA,
PFML, unpaid leaves of absence, etc. ensuring equitable treatment
- Identify, implement, and utilize a new applicant tracking
system to capture all applicant, candidate, and hiring activity,
perform data analytics, and create reports for the hiring managers,
executives, management, and the Equity and Inclusion Officer.
- Administer and report on workers' compensation and unemployment
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed
and accurate job descriptions (job requirements, qualifications,
and skills) and establish hiring criteria for each position.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop and implement effective
position recruitment strategies based on the organization's needs
and industry best practices.
- Establish Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
(DEI&B) recruitment best practices - effective approaches to
attract, recruit, select, and hire.
- Utilize traditional and non-traditional recruiting methods to
build a robust, diverse talent pipeline leveraging resume
databases, university websites and career fairs, online and
in-person career fairs, culture-specific organizations and
associations, community-based organizations and networks, social
- Develop, maintain, and maximize relationships with key
universities, industry organizations, culture-specific and
community-based partner organizations and networks.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to screen candidate resumes
and select qualified candidates. Partner with hiring teams to
coordinate and schedule interviews; oversee the preparation of
interviews and other hiring and selection materials and process to
foster a positive candidate experience.
- Provide managers with guidance and oversight on our university
internship program as part of our candidate talent pipeline.
- Provide candidates with an overview of Kindering's mission,
values, healing-centered racial equity work, position requirements,
compensation and benefits, company policies, and other pertinent
information during the interview and the employment offer
- Partner with hiring managers and the HR Manager during the
candidate employment offer process providing position salary range
details, potential start dates, and other pertinent information.
Perform candidate employment references and background checks.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and company policies.
- Maintain recruitment records for Kindering management and
government reporting requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, related field, or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated competence in supporting and facilitating the
day-to-day HR needs of a diverse population: employee relations,
coaching, training and development and an understanding of
compensation and benefits is preferred.
- Experience working with managers, senior leaders and
multi-client groups is desirable.
- Candidates must have demonstrated skills in the areas of -
business acumen, consulting, systems thinking, data analysis, job
design and project management in a human resources role and
- Proven record of developing, implementing, and delivering on
recruitment strategies that result in hiring a diverse workforce
reflective of the identities of the population served.
- Experience and proven record of developing and executing
innovative sourcing methodologies that deliver a diverse talent
- History of building strong relationships cross-culturally with
both individuals and entities and collaborating effectively
- An inherent passion to drive results, take initiative,
prioritize work, multi-task, manage time effectively, and make
- Verbal and written communication skills that reflect the
ability to connect with different audiences and strong influencing
and negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable of employment laws applicable to the recruitment
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn
applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Pass Washington State DSHS criminal history and background
check and FBI fingerprint check
- Have employment authorization that enables to work for
Kindering for an indefinite period of time without Kindering
needing to act as an H1B visa sponsor.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Pass tuberculosis test.
- Ability to show proof of current immunizations, including
COVID-19 and MMR vaccine or titer test*.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:The information
described below represents the physical activities and surroundings
one may encounter when performing the duties of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform the job, the employee is frequently required to
talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required
to stoop, climb, balance, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach
with hands and arms. The incumbent may be required to carry
children and materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- The work is typically performed in an office environment, with
a moderate noise level. Occasional travel to other areas of the
facility may be required, where the noise level is moderate to loud
and environmental conditions may include slippery surfaces, crowded
areas, or working near moving parts (e.g. exercise equipment).
Local travel may be required.
Kindering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. * Kindering is subject
to multiple executive orders requiring all employees to be
vaccinated or apply and be approved for a sincerely held religious
belief or medical exemption. As of October 19th, we will require
those supervising and providing in-person services to children to
be vaccinated and are unable to accommodate any exceptions. For
other positions that can be accommodated, employees must apply and
be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or medical
Keywords: Kindering, Philadelphia , Recruiter/ HR Generalist - Temporarily Remote, Human Resources , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!