Human Resources Clerk - Carney's Point, NJ
Company: McLane Company, Inc.
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Carney's Point, NJ
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services
leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions
for convenience stores,
mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the
United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane
Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S.
and one of the nation's largest private fleets.
The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different
consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In
addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through
its wholly owned subsidiary,
Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000
GENEROUS BENEFITS & PERKS
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance begin after 60 days
Industry-leading 401(k) with annual company match
Educational Assistance After 90 Days
Administration Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for performing human resource related
duties at the administrative level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
* Provide back up coverage to the switchboard operator.
* Perform data entry of payroll including the handling of teammate
inquiries regarding payroll, teammate time and attendance
maintenance, time off requests, off-cycle paychecks, special pay
transactions and sort teammate checks by department.
* Run payroll reports by department, to include time and attendance
* Identify the correct accounting code for all department
expenses/invoices, verify the accuracy of expenses/invoices and
submits for payment approval.
* Sort incoming mail by department and prepares outgoing mail for
* Create replacement badges.
* Collect all special deposit checks, prepare deposit slip by
period, and maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes.
* Reconcile petty cash, maintain spreadsheet for accounting
purposes, and prepare requests for replenishment.
* File all paperwork in teammate files and confidential files.
* Create all divisional articles for the company magazine.
* Communicate company policies and practices (as appropriate) to
supervisors and teammates.
* Organize special projects which may include, but are not limited
to; annual holiday events, philanthropy assignments, health and
wellness projects and events and job fairs.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma, or GED.
* Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Be self-motivated and able to troubleshoot, identify issues and
* Be able to meet deadlines and process financials with minimal
* Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal
* Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
* Be well-organized and detail-oriented.
* Office environment.
Keywords: McLane Company, Inc., Philadelphia , Human Resources Clerk - Carney's Point, NJ, Human Resources , Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!