Company: Le Meridien Philadelphia
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Location: US-PA-Philadelphia# of Openings: 1Category:
KitchenPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout
Originally a YMCA, our hotel is housed in a 10-story Georgian
revival-style structure with intriguing historical flair, located
in the heart of the city's business district and less than one
block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Striking features
and architectural detail awaken the eye: a skylight allows for the
play of natural light to our 75-foot central atrium courtyard,
while an airy restaurant/bar with graceful archways and classic
woodwork brings endless possibility.
Our associates receive a free hot meal per shift, discounted SEPTA
passes, weekly treat carts, monthly General Manager Roundtables and
a great referral program. The ability to travel expands as our
associates can take advantage of the employee discounted travel
rewards program. Come join our family at the Le Meridien
Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and
production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure
not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and
Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation,
freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or
possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated
storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost
problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler,
stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table,
tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Le Meridien Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Cook I, Hospitality & Tourism , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!