Residential Counselor/Weekend Shift Supervisor - STAR II
Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CareLink Community Support Services has a current opening for a
full-time, benefits eligible, Residential Counselor/Weekend Shift
Supervisor at our STAR I location in Norristown, PA. Employee
benefits for all full time positions (30 hours or more/week)
include medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 403(b), paid time
off, and paid holidays. In addition, we provide long term
disability coverage, employee assistance program, basic life
insurance, and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to employees.
Voluntary, employee paid, benefit plans including short term
disability, supplemental life insurance and AD&D, critical
illness and accident coverage are also available.
For over 50 years, CareLink Community Support Services has been
dedicated to helping people with disabilities to live in the
community with dignity and independence. Our rehabilitation
services and professional staff provide the supports that people
with serious mental illness, physical disabilities and other
developmental challenges need to be active, productive members of
The Residential Counselor/Weekend Shift Supervisor is responsible
for oversight and operations of the shift and ensures the general
supervision of the residential staff of the program and for
promoting recovery, wellness, and self-determination for
individuals participating in services by implementing, supporting,
and documenting activities that promote recovery. This position is
responsible for supporting community integration to promote the
pursuit of independence for all individuals participating in
- (40 Hours), Friday and Monday, 8 AM - 4 PM & Saturday and
Sunday, 8 AM - 8 PM
- High school diploma/GED plus four years of related work
experience is required OR Two years of college plus two years of
related work experience OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited
college in related field
- CPRP certification preferred.
- Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically with
people with disabilities using methods of recovery principles
including knowledge of basic principles and methods of
rehabilitation and the ability to make sound judgments regarding
the health and welfare of the consumer is required.
- Work as a leader and provide training to staff: communicate in
a supportive and teaching manner; effectively handle multiple tasks
and to work independently.
- Ability to prepare meals, perform general housekeeping and
- A valid state driver's license and ability and willingness to
drive agency van required
- Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Participate in the development and implementation of
service/recovery plans reflecting the individual's preferences,
goals, lifestyles, and interests.
- Assess, teach, evaluate, and supervise individual's skills in
the areas of daily living, meal planning, housekeeping, career
needs, and social, recreational, and community activities.
- Complete written documentation daily that reflects the
individual's recovery and progress on their goals as well as staff
- Assist and oversee individuals with medication regimen
including PRN medications.
- Consistently engages in productive/therapeutic activities.
- Encourage and support individuals in developing positive
relationships with family and significant others.
- Assist individuals through modeling, verbal teaching, and/or
direct assistance with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of
their individual rooms and their residence.
- Assist or prepare various foods for individual meals as
- Ensure that any and all dietary considerations are followed.
Food shopping must be completed and dietary preferences/concerns
will need to be considered.
- Locate and access community medical resources for individual
needs as applicable and as instructed.
- Take regular responsibility in shift activities, including but
not limited to site trash removal, changing linens, making beds,
cleaning bathrooms, cleaning common areas which include but are not
limited to the living room, kitchen, foyer, dining area, and
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including assisting with
maintenance of the kitchen, common areas, linen closets, medication
storage areas, and staff office.
- Use appropriate communication channels.
- Respond appropriately to safety/emergency situations.
- Drive agency vehicles in a safe manner following the applicable
traffic laws for purposes of supporting individuals and/or the
- Lifting is required.
- Ability to lift at least a minimum of twenty (20) pounds;
- Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care;
- Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that
involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling,
- Shovel snow off of walk-ways, sidewalks, and porches if
Please visit our website to view all open positions and to apply
CareLink Community Support Services is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not practice or permit discrimination in
employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin,
age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual
orientation or gender identity.
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Philadelphia , Residential Counselor/Weekend Shift Supervisor - STAR II, Hospitality & Tourism , Norristown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!