Company: Harrisburg Hotel Corporation
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Job Description: Greenwood Hospitality Group is engaged in the
acquisition, repositioning, and management of upscale, full-service
and select-service hotels. The vision of Greenwood is to be the
industry standard for full-service and select-service hotel
investment and management companies. The company seeks to redefine
excellence in its partnerships with investors, hotel owners, and
team members. A new company, a better way of doing business. Each
hotel and investment opportunity is unique. As a hotel manager,
Greenwood believes in designing custom solutions that cater to the
specific market, personnel, and circumstances of each asset. As an
investment sponsor, Greenwood faces no time or geographic
constraints to place capital. The firm can afford to pursue deals
that make sense, in the locations where valuations are reasonable.
Greenwood provides the flexibility and individual attention to each
situation that only an independent, closely-held company can
afford. As a result, the firm's investors, owners, and ambassadors
know that their best interests are driving Greenwood's decision
making. We achieve our vision and mission through the pursuit of
our core values. Integrity in conduct - We expect the highest
standards of ethical and respectful conduct, honest communication
and professional integrity. Excellence in performance - Excellence
is not achieved, it is maintained through the relentless pursuit of
continuous improvement. Cooperation in action - Greenwood
encourages leadership development at every position and celebrates
the successes we achieve together. To our Team Members, we promote:
- Appreciation: We celebrate and acknowledge contributions and
- Coaching: We equip and empower, never dictate
- Future Opportunities: We grow together as an entrepreneurial,
- Honor: We strive for respect and integrity at the highest
- Interdependence: We work together and win as a team
- Participation: We want everyone to share in the success of the
company Exciting opportunity, as Greenwood Hospitality Group is
searching for a dynamic Sales Manager at the Hilton Harrisburg, a
full-service hotel located in the heart of Pennsylvania's downtown
capital city. POSITION PURPOSE: Represent the hotel's services and
facilities to prospective clients and customers in the hotel's
continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and
financial profitability. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS SALES:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections, trade shows, community events, industry meetings and
- Respond to sales inquiries from potential clients and customers
seeking sleeping rooms, meeting space, food and beverage services,
- Develop targeted sales strategies and action plans to meet or
exceed established revenue and activity goals
- Determine rates, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts,
service accounts and analyze lost business
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both
orally and in written form to previous, current and potential
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of
solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate
various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to
- Prepare professional information for, meet with and entertain
clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of
service to customers.
- Prepare professional correspondence to customers, internal
booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention
meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Participate in hotel Manager on Duty Program
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of
the hotel. SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other departments as directed. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE,
SKILL AND ABILITY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Physical Activity Frequency
Sitting Frequent Walking Frequent Climbing stairs Frequent
Crouching/Bending/Stooping Occasional Reaching Frequent Grasping
Occasional Pushing/Pulling Occasional Near Vision Constant Far
Vision Constant Hearing Constant Talking Constant Smell Rare Taste
Rare Lifting/Carrying(# lbs) Occasional up to 50 lbs. Travel
Frequent JOB QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel preferred.
- Computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi preferred.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of
the hotel preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills and revenue management
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized,
complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
- Valid Drivers License required. Education/Formal
Training/Certifications High school education or equivalent
preferred Experience Minimum of two years past sales experience
preferred. Prior hospitality experience a plus. Always an EOE!
Keywords: Harrisburg Hotel Corporation, Philadelphia , SALES MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!