District Sales Manager, BCBU - Philadelphia, PA (White Team)
Posted on: August 17, 2019
District: W1J000 - Philadelphia, PA (White Team) Covering:
Philadelphia, PA; Bucks County, PA; Bryn Mawr, PA; Phoenixville,
PA; Wilmington, DE; Bel Air, MDAmgen is a values-based organization
with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to
serve patients. Within our US Commercial Operations (USCO), we
provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global
enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that
marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our
team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through
challenging assignments, career development, and valuable
opportunities such as this District Sales Manager opportunity.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Amgen business units
including District Sales Managers, Regional Sales Directors and
Corporate Account Managers.
- Develop business plans for their geography and implement
national sales strategies and programs.
- Track the progress of marketing messages and programs.
- Provide feedback to district teams on the marketing,
allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external
resources (e.g., discretionary spend).
- Manage district teams to maximize their performance and help
achieve/exceed sales and budget targets.
- Screen, interview, and hire candidates.
- Ensure compliance with training.
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare
individuals for future development.
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and
cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, and other
Business Units) Share best practices with direct reports and
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams.
- Conduct district sales meetings to guide districts.
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned
objectivesBasic Qualifications:Doctorate degree & 2 years of
Sales/Marketing experience ORMaster's degree & 6 years of
Sales/Marketing experience ORBachelor's degree or & 8 years of
Sales/Marketing experience AND2 years of managerial experience
directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading
teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of
- 3+ years of specialty sales experience (Primary
Care/OBGYN/endocrinology and osteoporosis marketplace), Experience
in biologics, Buy and bill model experience
- Ability to consistently and objectively recognize and promote
success behaviors, as well as diagnose and change unsatisfactory
behaviors through effective coaching
- Ability to leverage market & customer knowledge to
strategically target messages, resources, and activities within the
- Demonstrates knowledge of local payor coverage; ability to
understand and articulate clinical concepts, data, and
- Demonstrated ability to utilize clinical information to
effectively address customer questions and objections
- Ability to recruit candidates that meet the minimum job
criteria; interviews and hires sales representatives that are
capable and committed to fulfilling the job requirements
- Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated
- Setting appropriate short term and long term objectives
- Demonstrated success in communicating & collaborating with
sales staff, peers, and business unit counterparts in an effective
and timely mannerA Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100
countries around the world, we invest in highly skilled, dedicated
and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our
mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of
our patients.That's why, as a member of our USBO team, we provide
you with valuable opportunities to broaden your experience and
maximize your potential. Working across six therapeutic areas,
we're driving breakthrough medicines with our power to invigorate
and innovate, and we have made a deep investment in biosimilars,
all while maintaining an active licensing and acquisition effort
that provides access to additional opportunities across the globe.
We ensure the ability to actively collaborate with governments,
world-class physicians and hospitals. We believe in rewarding those
who do rewarding work and are committed to providing careers that
can help turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.Join
UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference
in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute
forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll
find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers,
develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines
have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer,
kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As
an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for
people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of
diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who
respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live
the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve
patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Amgen, Philadelphia , District Sales Manager, BCBU - Philadelphia, PA (White Team), Hospitality & Tourism , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!