Company: Westin Mt Laurel
Location: Mount Laurel
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYSet up of Banquet Room and serve food
and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
according to high standard of quality. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS This
description is a summary of primary responsibilities and
qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all
duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational
demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours
worked in a week.
- Gather supplies and set up banquet room as described in the
Banquet Event Order and as instructed by Banquet Captain to include
linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend stand up meetings before events to learn function
particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the
expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal
at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for
- Once banquet is complete, clear and, if necessary, reset
banquet rooms according to Supervisors specifications to ensure the
readiness of the room for the following function.
- Line out supplies as directed for future functions as
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing
condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning
products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or
loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety
and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed
appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member
- Perform any related duties as requested by
- Assists other Banquet Personnel when need. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Knowledge of all State, Federal and Corporate liquor
regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and
- Hold a current Food Handler Card
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations,
service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to
understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling
instructions to enable the safe application of products and
processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a
continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Lifting Thirty (30) pounds maximum.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push
goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing,
walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling. EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Westin Mt Laurel, Philadelphia , Banquet Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Mount Laurel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!