Food Service Worker
Company: Tower Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Overview About the OrganizationTower Health is a strong,
regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers
leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a
population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and
other entities provide a full range of medical care from
prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services
and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness
programs & public health services that ensure our communities are
the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians
and staff are committed to patient safety and patient
satisfaction.With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health
includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West
Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill
Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville
Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville;
Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for
Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at
Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have
a comprehensive physician network.Collaboration across Tower Health
enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage
best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have
received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as
neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma,
hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading
Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and
world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most
sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the
region.At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing
high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As
the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains
steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health,
Transforming Lives. Responsibilities
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and
seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work
stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety
- Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating,
food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to
ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following
outlined steps of service.
- Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory
and cash control procedures.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications High school
graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Keywords: Tower Health, Philadelphia , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!