Administrative Assistant - Neurology
Company: Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Responsibilities: Perform all administrative, clerical and general
office duties as they relate to the management of the office of the
Division of Neurology. Ensures optimal customer service to both
patients and physicians. Interacts with members of the department
and university at all levels. Incumbent prioritizes and
accomplishes multiple administrative assignments. Compose, edit and
produce documents as needed.
- Coordinates Director's daily administrative and clinical
activities, maintain calendar, allowing flexibility to accommodate
demands on a daily basis
- Responsible to avoid clinical and administrative conflicts by
working closely with clinical staff when scheduling academic and/or
- Coordinate all academic activities, e.g., grand rounds, lectures,
weekly operation meetings, etc.
- Scheduling patient appointments; scheduling and pre-certification
of surgical cases
- Transcribes, edits as necessary, and distributes all
- Responsible for travel arrangements, updating physician CV's,
provider license renewal
- Screens appointment requests and telephone communications and set
priority for Director.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of strategic,
clinical, quality, administrative, research and teaching programs
across the division at an enterprise level
- Provides daily support to the Director on a day-to-day basis
relating to administrative duties.
- Manages deadlines, objectives, goals, project plans, monitoring
- Responsible for opening and sorting practice mail. Answers
- Processing accounts payable
- Provides support to the Director and other critical team members,
prepares reports, and handles information requests.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent
with the values of Jefferson
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience Requirements: 5 years of experience in a medical
facility or office
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to
patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University)
provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40
states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education.
Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by
the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care
locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly
specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million
patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas
Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight
specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that
offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our
University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary
approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform
for professional education. Through this unique model, we are
preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal
access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages
applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ
individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to
provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and
encourages applications from women, members of minority groups,
LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Keywords: Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health, Philadelphia , Administrative Assistant - Neurology, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!