Clinical Resident - 31030
Company: Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Req ID:?25433Shift: DaysEmployment Status:?AF - Active - Regular -
Full Time?Job SummaryParticipates in patient care through
monitoring of patient?s drug therapy for safety, efficacy, and cost
effectiveness with emphasis on utilizing Pharmacologic and
Pharmacokinetics principles. Participates in departmental education
and CQI programs.Job ResponsibilitiesUnder the direct supervision
of the Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, provides optimal
pharmaceutical support to patients of The Children?s Hospital of
Philadelphia in an appropriate, efficacious, safe, and cost
- Participates in clinical rounds at least four times
- Reviews patient?s pharmaco-therapy using the hospital
information system (HIS) and the pharmacy computer system to ensure
that the medications are appropriate in terms of dose, dosage form,
route of administration, frequency, duration of therapy, and
patient?s disease state.
- Communicates with prescribers and nurses to recommend
alternatives for inappropriate therapy or substitutes for
- Ensures and promotes compliance with institution?s formulary
system and other guidelines set forth by the TSC and the Department
- Provides pharmacokinetics monitoring to all the patients on the
team of clinical practice.????????????? ???????????????Provides
drug information and/or presents educational programs to health
care professional and patients.
- Provides appropriate and timely consultative services (DI,
pharmacokinetics, etc) to physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other
health care professionals regarding drug therapy. Ensures response
time to inquiries to be no greater than 24 hours.
- Advises patients and family on the use of various medications:
name, description, route, dosage form, duration of the therapy,
directions for preparation, administration, use, common side
effect, interactions, contraindications, self-monitoring, storage,
refill information and action to be taken if dose is missed.
- Develops one didactic module for ongoing staff development
- Participates in the training of pharmacy students from the
College of Pharmacy.??????????????Contributes to departmental and
professional publications and programs.
- Writes a pharmacy newsletter article at least once per
- Assists in writing, editing, and reviewing formulary monographs
for presentation to TSC.
- Assists in editing and reviewing The CHOP formulary on an
annual basis.???????????????Acts as liaison with nursing and
medical staff concerning prescription, orders, drug and
pharmaceutical details, patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Participates in and contributes to regularly scheduled or Ad
Hoc Medical Staff / Nursing / Pharmacy Committee Meetings on a
monthly basis. For example:
- Practice based
- Therapeutic Standards Committee
- Drug Utilization Subcommittee
- ADR / Medication Error Subcommittee???????? Job
Responsibilities (Continued)Provides timely communication to
supervisors and peers.
- Provides information on clinical or operational issues to keep
managers and peers advised of events and problems.
- Communicates in a timely manner, supply requirements to the
hospital and pharmacy purchasing personnel.??Performs other related
duties as assigned by authorized personnel to provide departmental
flexibility to patient care needs including those for emergency
- Provides help or coverage to others when needed.
- Assumes dispensing responsibilities for weekend coverage every
3 weeks.?Completes one residency project under the supervision of
the Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator.Presents project at the Annual
Eastern State Conference.?Participation in hospital and department
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
- Assists in maintaining records and statistics required to
monitor and evaluate clinical pharmacy activities and effectiveness
in accomplishing its stated objectives. (Consults, interventions
- Develops and reviews annually 1 Drug Utilization Policy and
Procedures to ensure that the medication is appropriate in terms of
dose, dosage form, route of administration, frequency, duration of
therapy, patient?s disease state and cost effectiveness.
- Assists in data collection of ADRs in the institution.?Utilize
the principals of continuous quality improvement to analyze, and
resolve problems in a systematic manner.
- Assists in preparing required reports by compiling
- Develops recommendations to immediate supervisor about how
methods and procedures can be improved.Job Responsibilities
(Continued)Required Licenses, Certifications, RegistrationsPHARM -
Licensed PharmacistRequired Education and Experience
- Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Must complete 30 hours/2 years of continuing education to
remain licensed.Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Residency in Clinical Pharmacy preferred.Additional Technical
- Efficient in Pharmacokinetics calculations, drug literature
review, evaluation of pharmacotherapeutics, computer applications,
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective educator
- A clinical resident will be in the position to recommend
changes in a patient?s drug therapy where they must be able to
interpret and evaluate physicians orders for the most appropriate
cost effective therapy, e.g. deleting therapeutic duplications,
preventing unnecessary extended therapy, converting from
intravenous to oral therapy, detecting and preventing drug-drug
interactions and drug related allergies and recommending formulary
substitutions for non-formulary drug orders.
- This intervention also will prevent the likelihood and drug
?induced risk to the patient.All CHOP employees who work in a
patient building or who provide patient care are required to
receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a
medical or religious exemption.Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its
patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to
achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled
hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job
applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and
a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job
offer).Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran
status.VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for
protected veterans.? Please contact our hiring official with any
referrals or questions.CHOP Careers Contact?Talent Acquisition2716
South Street, 6th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19146?Phone:
Keywords: Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Clinical Resident - 31030, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!