Family Nurse Practitioner
Company: Tower Health
Posted on: May 19, 2019
OverviewTower Health Urgent Care has an opportunity for an
experienced Nurse Practitioner in our Urgent Care network. We are
the largest provider of urgent care services, based on weekly
visits, in the metropolitan Philadelphia area. Our Urgent Care
locations are open 365 days a year and offers patients access to
advanced, comprehensive care from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.. A competitive
salary, PTO, CME allowance, malpractice insurance, medical benefits
and a 403(b) await you! Job Summary Job Description: Provide
primary and episodic care to patients both independently and in
collaboration with other medical professionals. Follows standards
and protocols set by the sponsoring physician. Works with clinical
team to maintain patient flow and deliver maximum quality care to
patients. Duties: * Perform complete physical exams, assessments,
and diagnoses of patients of all ages, including urgent, emergent
and non-urgent presentation.
* Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and
diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and
augment physical findings.
* Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
* Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication,
vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent
illness and injury.
* Perform procedures including (but not limited to) laceration
repair, abscess I&D, orthopedic procedures and provide
referrals to medical/surgical specialists.
* Perform and interpret EKGs.
* Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed
treatments with patients/parents.
* Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including
follow-up notes. Use EHR appropriately.
* Follow infection control protocols, including proper hand washing
* Train new providers (physician, PA and NP) in Urgent Care
* Review charts of mid-level providers and sign or co-sign those
supervised, or assigned.
* Other jobs and duties as assigned. Qualifications Degree from an
Accredited School of Nursing, Certification as a Nurse
Practitioner, State Licensure as well as: 2+ Years Experience,
State and Federal licensure requirements, ALCS/PALS Certification,
DEA Understanding of Medical Coding and Billing, Knowledge of State
and Federal Regulations including OSHA, HIPAA and Blood Borne
Pathogens, and DOT certification. BLS certification Experience in
Urgent Care Medicine or Emergency Medicine strongly preferred!
Keywords: Tower Health, Philadelphia , Family Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!