Mental Health Tech Seasons Full time
Company: NHS Human Services
Posted on: January 10, 2018
NHS is currently seeking Mental Health Tech to join our NHS Adult Behavioral Health division in our Philadelphia, PA location.
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader in the human services industry
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Provides support and guidance to all residents, with emphasis on acting as interpreter for two residents who speak only Spanish.
- This includes, but is not limited to: Interpreting program communications between staff, resident, family members and all relevant stakeholders, accompanyinig residents on community outings, to meetings and medical appointments to as as translator, and translating all program documentation for the residents to ensure their understanding.
- Implements program policy and procedure according to program regulations and guidelines.
- Provides counseling to individual clients, processing concerns and issues with them in a manner that promotes recovery.
- Works collaboratively with the staff and nurse on shift to ensure all resident needs are met. Implements and monitors treatment of clients.
- Monitors individual and group social skills.
- Leads or co-leads recreational groups. Assists, teaches and monitors client's daily living activities, including but not limited to personal hygiene, bathing, shaving, grooming dressing, laundry and room care
- Accompanies and monitors clients on community trips engages clients in social and leisure activities, and assures the health and safety of the clients maintains accurate and adequate records. Engages clients in social and leisure activities
- Monitors complaints with house rules. Reports to administrator on call any immediate or unusual situations(s) and mediate problematic issues between clients in a timely manner. Attends and participates in all trainings and meetings.
- Timely completion of all site and licensing documentation pertaining to client progress and site concerns.
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at email@example.com.
Apply Online: www.nhsonline.org ind2017
Requisition Number: 29382
- Must have a high school dipolma/GED with 12 college credits in humans services, psychology, social work, criminal justice, etc. Must provide official transcripts of the 12 credits.
- Must have at least and one year of experience in a Adult Behavior Health or Mental Health residential or group home setting.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pay rate is $12.10 per hour.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: NHS Human Services, Philadelphia, Mental Health Tech Seasons Full time, Healthcare, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!