Certified Nursing Assist
Company: Resources for Human Development Inc
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a
Advantages of Working with RHD
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision) for qualifying
- Generous PTO Plan for Full-Time staff
- Scholarship and Tuition Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Cell Phone Discounts & More
- Referral Bonus Program
- Internal Growth Opportunities!
The CNA is responsible for the safety and supervision of
individuals supported within the unit while also fulfilling the
obligations outlined in the individuals' care plan. The CNA will
prompt or assist as necessary to ensure that all individuals
participate in activities of daily living in both the home and the
community. This includes healthcare coordination and
transportation. The CNA works in conjunction with the Registered
Nurse and Program Director to create and maintain a safe and
healthy environment for consumers and staff. The CNA may also
perform administrative duties tasks and assignments at the request
of and in conjunction with the Unit Director and/or the Registered
Nurse. A commitment to the RHD values should be demonstrated as job
duties are performed.
Essential Duties and Functions
Direct Client Care
- Administer all medications and prescribed therapies, safely,
accurately, and uphold regulatory standards regarding medical
- Provide personal care, as needed, to assist individuals to
maintain health and appropriate public appearance. This may
include, but is not limited to, bathing, diapering, tooth brushing,
and other direct care responsibilities.
- Engage in physical activity to meet the certification
requirements of Crisis Prevention and Intervention training and
- Implement supportive interventions at all times, especially in
the moment of a crisis, such as episodes of self-injurious
behaviors or aggression.
- Physical lifting and transferring of consumers between
sitting/standing/laying positions as required by the consumer's
Client Engagement and Wellness
- Accompany and support individuals during community integrated
activities, initiate and develop meaningful and lasting
interactions with other members of the community.
- Provide services to the individuals, in whatever setting is
necessary, including: their homes, community, hospitals, day
programs, nursing homes, and family homes.
- Assist the team to assess current skill levels and maintain
awareness of environmental factors or issues and their impact on
the person(s) served. Ensure that all areas in the home and
surrounding property are clean, sanitary, safe, and well maintained
by cleaning and maintaining the home daily.
- Maintain safety in the home by reporting any physical site
- Responsible for implementation and appropriate documentation of
ISP outcomes (goals) as written in the individual's ISP.
- Perform duties associated with participation in Individual
Support Plans and ensure that program planning is the primary focus
within the home. Maintain staff supervision ratios, as written in
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification in good standing with
the state nursing board is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license to receive
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must demonstrate safe driving skills in accordance to RHD
- Must have a HS Diploma/GED.
- Heavy: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to move objects.
- Direct Supervisor: Unit Director
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information,
veteran, or disability status.
RHD employees working in programs within the City of Philadelphia
are required to provide proof of Covid vaccination. If not fully
vaccinated, they must receive at least one shot in a two -dose
series or a single dose in a one-dose series before beginning
in-person shifts. Final doses must be received within 8 weeks of
RHD's vaccine requirements for the Corporate Office located at 4700
Wissahickon Avenue; Suite 126, Building A. Philadelphia, PA:
The Corporate Office is not a service location. Therefore, RHD has
determined that vaccinations are not required to work out of or to
visit the office. As a reminder and as stated in prior
communication, vaccinations are required for those who visit or
work in Philadelphia programs and/or service locations.
Keywords: Resources for Human Development Inc, Philadelphia , Certified Nursing Assist, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!